|Date Posted||April 14, 2021|
About the role: This is a 24 month replacement role with unaccompanied terms based in Khartoum, capital of Republic of Sudan, with frequent travel to West Darfur, South and West Kordofan States and other Concern field locations in Sudan. You will be required to spend at least 60% time at the field to support different programmes. The salary is Grade 4 Ã¢â€šÂ¬43,268 - Ã¢â€šÂ¬48,076.
You will report to the Programme Director. You will also liaise closely with the Area Coordinators, Area Managers, MEAL Advisor, other Technical Advisors in Sudan, System department staff and Concern Head Office Technical Advisors.
You will provide technical leadership and quality control in design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of Food security and Livelihood programme interventions in Concern Sudan's programme, in line with Concern's country and organisational strategic priorities.
You will be responsible for:
- Lead the process of technical needs assessment in the targeted geographic areas to collect relevant information for the development of new projects, adjust current intervention/strategic direction
- Engage and consult with relevant stakeholders at locality, state and federal level to solicit their input into the new projects or/and adjustment of existing intervention
- Take technical lead in the development of new FSL projects, strategies and ensure that the projects reflect the needs of the target groups and technical standards (Concern, Ministry, sector and international) are adhered to.
- Work closely with the Dublin-based Agriculture and Natural Resources Advisor, DRR and Cash Advisors to develop new FSL projects and strategies
- Where applicable, consult/involve the implementing partners in the developing of new projects so that the project reflects their input.
- Take part in drafting new proposals (concept notes, proposal narrative and budgets) within the set deadlines, and advise other team members in linking FSL to other interventions where application and feasible. In case of multi-sector projects, coordinate and work closely with sector colleagues to ensure synergy is built into the interventions.
- Engage with the Advisors, promptly respond to both internal and external feedbacks on the proposals
Support programme management.
- Assist in preparation of project Technical Agreements (for GoS) in close collaboration with the other programme team members.
- Lead in the preparation/adjustment of the Detailed Implementation Plans (DIPs) for FSL projects/project components based on the approved programmatic documents.
- Take part in kick-off meetings of new projects and follow up the implementation of the agreed resolutions from the meetings.
- Disseminate and explain the DIPs to the field staff and support the staff to implement the activities according to the DIPs, with a special focus on quality and timely deliveries
- Prepare technical briefs and guidance notes on the planned activities and share with the field staff. Where needed, provide capacity building training and orientation for field staff
- Work with the Project Managers, Area Coordinator, and the field-based FSL Coordinators and FSL Officers to ensure that field supplies/materials are procured on time according to the calendar season, and the procurement plan is followed up closely to ensure timely delivery.
- Support the Project Managers, and field-based FSL Teams in new innovative ideas, technical know-how, value for money approaches in coordination with the Finance Team and System Team
- Prepare technical specifications for the FSL supplies according to the Ministry's and cluster standards based on market values and guidelines, and donor's requirements
Capacity Building & Support:
- Design a comprehensive capacity building strategy for Livelihoods staff and partners engaged in Livelihoods related activities.
- Facilitate and coordinate trainings for Concern Livelihoods and partners' staff as well as other members of the Programme Support Unit.
- Facilitate trainings for Concern and partners' Livelihoods staff and mentor the National Livelihoods Advisor.
- Provide advice and support for the development of project management skills to programme staff related to livelihoods work.
- Support the Programme managers and Area coordinators to prepare regular project progress reports as required for donors and other internal and external bodies, ensuring technical quality.
Monitoring, evaluation, learning and reporting
- Work closely with MEAL staff to develop M&E plans for FSL component of projects
- Contribute to the FSL sector baselines and assessments, including market surveys, value chain studies and stakeholders' analysis.
- Provide input into the development/adjustment of tools (data collection tools, monitoring checklist, key performance indicator measurement etc.)
- Coordinate with the field MEAL staff to ensure that relevant data is collected in the FSL activities e.g. Post Distribution Monitoring (PDM) data, etc. and provide technical support in interpreting the data
- Provide technical inputs to the Program Support Team on FSL technical learning, best practices and lesson learnt, and suggest adjustments, modifications on project implementation for a better performance.
- Take lead in drafting both internal and external reports as per the agreed upon formats, using the MEAL information.
Representation and reporting
- Represent Concern, and actively participate, engage in/with technical coordination meetings such as FSL cluster and cash working group (CWG) meetings.
- Collaborate with other external organisations e.g. the private sector and research organisations to develop innovative FSL solutions linking to climate smart agriculture and resilience.
- Prepare and submit reports to the relevant sectors and working groups as per the formats (e.g. cluster 4Ws, reports)
- Prepare both internal and external quality reports informed by the data from the MEAL system.
- Maintain cordial relationships with FSL stakeholders at state and federal level.
Other crosscutting duties.
- Ensure that equality, resilience, and disaster risk reduction (DRR) are factored into programme design and delivery, reviews and evaluations
- Strengthen the capacity of field staff in relevant technical areas, in particular consideration: resilience, DRR, climate smart solutions
- To participate in any emergency response carried out by Concern country programme as directed by the line manager
Your skills and experience will include:
- Masters Degree in the field of food security and livelihoods i.e. Agriculture, Agricultural Economics and Livestock Production, Environment Management, Resilience etc.
- At least 5 years progressive experience with INGO's/UN in food security and livelihoods projects in senior technical roles
- Familiar with FSL frameworks and standards, technical innovations
- Experience in implementing Cash and Voucher Assistance (C&V) programmes.
- Track record in drafting good quality proposals and writing reports.
- Previous experience of food and livelihood programs in the programme areas.
- Familiar with procedures & requirements of major institutional donors e.g. EU, USAID, SHF, WFP, UNICEF, etc.
- Knowledge of participatory methods and data collection methodologies.
- Excellent written and spoken English and Arabic, particularly technical language
- Experience in MEAL systems, FSL related indicator measurement
- IT skills including word, excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Familiarity with principles of humanitarian action (international code of conduct and humanitarian charter).
- Cross cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Empathy with organizational goals.
- Experience in digital data gathering.
- Familiarity with SPHERE guidelines, and other humanitarian standards
- Knowledge of the Core Humanitarian Standard (or Humanitarian Accountability Partnership), and its quality criteria.
- Experience in DRR approaches and practices and climate change driven innovative solutions
- Previous experiences in Sudan and Norther of Africa
All applications should be submitted through our website at https://jobs.concern.net by closing date. CV's should be no more than 4 pages in length.
Concern Worldwide is an Irish-based non-governmental, international, humanitarian organisation dedicated to the reduction of suffering and working towards the ultimate elimination of extreme poverty in the world's poorest countries.