|Date Posted||October 4, 2022|
The Organization: Search is an international conflict transformation NGO that aims to transform the way individuals, groups, governments and companies deal with conflict – away from adversarial approaches and towards collaborative solutions. Since 2019, Search Sudan designs and implements multifaceted, culturally appropriate and conflict-sensitive programs using a diverse range of tools, including media and training, to promote dialogue, increase knowledge and determine a positive shift in behaviors. The Project: Sudan is experiencing a delicate transition to a civilian government in Sudan after protests resulted in the ouster of the previous regime. Despite women leading the Sudanese protests, peace efforts thus far –within Sudan and between Sudan and South Sudan– have occurred with little public participation and practically no involvement from women, who are systematically excluded from decision-making processes around peace and security at the local, sub-national and national levels. This project will seek to strengthen the capacity, confidence, and networks of diverse women, contribute to the removal of social and economic barriers to their participation, and ultimately influence decision-making on peace and security through their meaningful participation. The Assignment: Search Sudan is seeking an Animation Designer to support the Sudan team in creating, based on the contents of the training kit and modules used to mobilize the project's target community, storylines and accompanying entertaining and captivating video animations for each theme. Geographic Locations: The Animation designer will be based in Khartoum.
- The animation designer will lead a turnkey consultancy project to deliver short videos and directly report to the Media Officer and the Program Officer.
- The consultant is expected to uphold the following responsibilities:
- A storyline for each theme in the training kit and modules
- An entertaining and captivating animation video animation accompanying the storylines
- The extracted storylines and matching animation video can reach 8 in number Job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the consultant may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
- Proof of professional training, bachelor's degree, or industry certification
- Ability to provide sample work
- A minimum of 2 years of professional experience
- Prototyping: transitioning a concept from brainstorming to the first stage of \"life\"
- Editing/Writing: crafting and editing content for scripts, narrations, or voiceovers
- Interaction Design/User Research: understanding how a user will interact with the design