|Date Posted||April 27, 2020|
Expertise France and France Education International are implementing together the EU- Funded Pre-service Teachers Training Project –one of the components of Education Quality Improvement Programme in Sudan (EQUIP) - in 14 Faculties of Education, in 9 Sudanese States: Khartoum, Red Sea, Kassala, Gedaref, White Nile, Blue Nile, North Kordofan, West Kordofan and South Kordofan. The duration of the project is 36 months (2018-2021). The overall aim of this project is to improve professional skills and Faculties of Education Training Plan and pre-service teacher training.Since March 2018 the project commenced the implementation of the following 4 Activities:Activity 1- (M1-M6 2018), a needs analysis with a desk review and a field study in the 9 states was conducted.Activity 2- (M6-M14 2018-2019), A Pre-Service Teacher Training Framework was co-designed by FoE Working Group and National Advisory Working Group. The Framework is to be endorsed by the Committee of Educational Studies that will be designated soon.Activity 3- (M10-M34 2019-2020), A TOT was co-designed by international experts and FOE trainers to train student teachers to implement the new pre-service teacher training program in faculties.Activity 4 (M11-M36 2018-2021): New assessment tools are co-design by International experts, FoE trainers and State supervisors to evaluate trained student teachersDuties and responsibilities:Under the authority of the Project Team Leader and the Project Coordinator, and with operational relations with the agency’s Communication Unit at headquarters, the Communication officer’s mission will be to develop and implement the project communication plan, inform the various project targets and stakeholders and givethem an understanding of its activities, its issues and its outcomes, and give visibility to the action of Expertise France and its partners via the project activities.Consolidate the project communication plan
- Consolidate / enrich the project communication plan and its budget, in consultation with the project team, the donor and Expertise France’s Communication Unit.
- Ensure the visibility of Expertise France, the EU, the partner’s and the beneficiaries in the project communication, respecting the guidelines of the agency’s Communication Strategy, as well as the visibility and communication rules of donors and partners.
- Manage and monitor the project communication budget.
- Ensure the good communication of project infos, news and activities towards the project stakeholers in Sudan (the EQUIP team, the project partners and EUD, the French Embassy, the universities involved).
- Monitor the communication activity and provide regular reporting to the project teams, the country representation and the Communication Unit at headquarters.
- Identify communication opportunities related to our activities in the field and in the countries in the region: prepare and share a project news agenda (signings, launches, events, missions and flagship activities, submission of key deliverables, closing and capitalisation) / outside the project – communication opportunities (international and national agenda, world days, elections, etc.).
Implement the activities of the communication plan
- Manage orders and relations with communication service providers (printers, video and photo service providers, graphic designers, events agencies, etc.).
- Draft, translate and disseminate communication content and materials with contributions from the project experts and the various stakeholders (articles for Expertise France’s website and the project page, press releases, presentation brochures, reports, discussion points, advertising items, etc.).
- Produce communication materials and tools and manage stocks (leaflets, brochures, goodies, kakemonos, etc.).
- Disseminate communication materials and content to the project stakeholders, partners and target audiences, via the various media used.
- Organise project communication events (conferences, workshops, etc.)Manage the preparation, content, logistics, invitations and capitalisation on these events.
- Manage relations with the local media (journalists in the country of operation): invitations, follow-up phone calls, press reviews, local press sheets, etc.
- Create and update a dissemination list for project communication.
Support the project Experts in producing pedagogic deliverables and organising activities
- Ensure the production of pedagogic tools (reports, leaflets, brochures, videos and other products.
- Help the team in the organisation of some project activities with a focus on capitalisation/communication on these activities/
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
- Higher education qualification, level Master’sin Communication or a related field;
- Ability to work fully in English and Arabic;
- Skills in intercultural communication, public relations ;
- Excellent writing and relational skills;
- Ability to work in a team and remotely;
- Autonomy, responsiveness andproactiveness;
- Command ofCommunity Management: Twitter, Linkedin, Facebook; social network Suites; Command of the main tools of theAdobe Suite (Indesign, Photoshop);
- Command of the OutlookSuite.
- 1 to 5 years’ experience in communications, PR or managing partnerships;
- Experience in the public/institutional sector and/or international cooperation/development assistance;
- Experience in organising international events and multichannel communication campaigns.
- If you are interested in the position, please submit your CV and Cover letter through
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contact for interviews
Candidate(s) interested in this opportunity should submit their application as soon as possible, with Expertise France maintaining the option of establishing a shortlist before this date.The selection process for expressions of interest will take place in two stages:
- In the first stage, a shortlist will be freely established by Expertise France.
- In the second stage, the candidate(s) selected may be invited for an interview.