Médecins sans Frontières is a private international medical emergency organisation. It provides assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflicts, and does so irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions.
Gross Salary: 765 USD per month paid in USD Dollar
No. of Post: 2
Duty Station: East Darfur – Ed Daein/Kario refugee Camp
Closing Date: 06 March 2021
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide obstetrical care to pregnant women and their babies, doing follow up before, during and after delivery, according to MSF obstetrical and reproductive health protocols, universal hygienic and newborn caring standards and under supervision of a specialist doctor, in order to ensure their health conditions and avoid post-delivery complications
- Ensuring the implementation and continuity of antenatal and postnatal care, family planning, obstetrical care (BEmONC ), neonatal and comprehensive abortion care, management of victims of sexual violence, reproductive tract infections and Fistula care in accordance with MSF Reproductive Core Package of Activities and reinforce the implementation of standardised protocols.
- Where PMTCT is implemented, ensuring implementation of the PMTCT protocol in the ANC/delivery and PNC consultations (pre counselling, test and post counselling
- Collaborating with the medical doctor and /or nurse in the management of Sexual Violence cases
- Assessing the feasibility for referral of pregnant women form the TBAs to the OPD/MCH for medical evaluation and/or complicated deliveries.
- Ensuring hygiene and sterilization criteria (including universal precautions) are met according to MSF specifications.
- Performing cleaning and minor maintenance for biomedical equipment used. Following the user manual and protocols and alert supervisor in case of malfunctioning.
- Guaranteeing a regular and ongoing supply of drugs(keep records) and equipment required for maternity activities (including monitoring/consumption control/ordering of orders.
- Properly following up all newborn babies from delivery until discharge, informing mothers and relatives about importance of breast feeding and family planning, vaccination and possible complications resulting from harmful traditional practices.
- Ensuring patients’ right to privacy and confidentiality is respected
- Supervising that administrative procedures of admissions and hospitalizations comply with MSF protocols, as well as verify patients are properly informed and receive the documents required (birth notification, vaccination card and health card).
- Participating the organisation of the ward in collaboration with other midwifes and the maternity ward supervisor.
- Ensure transfer of relevant information to the next shift team (specially identifying risk cases)
- identify cases needing referral and send them in time, clean up the newborn, executing and registering first neo-natal medical acts (cutting and cleaning the umbilical cord, vaccination, etc.), detecting possible anomalies/infections of the newborn and reporting them to the doctor, in order to ensure successful interventions
- Supervises the use of drugs, facilities and obstetric material, in order to ensure, in accordance with number of patients and prescriptions, a rational use, as well as pharmacy stock levels, are permanently updated, kept under appropriate conditions and above minimum safety point.
BEmONC = basic emergency obstetric and neonatal care = Administration of antibiotics, oxytocics, anticonvulsants, manual removal of the placenta, removal of retained products following abortion, assisted vaginal delivery, preferably with vacuum extractor and newborn care including neonatal resuscitation.
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
Education: Diploma in midwifery or specialization. Desired Bachelor in Midwifery.
Experience: Essential working experience of at least two years in midwife activities related jobs. Working experience with MSF is desirable.
Languages: Fluency in Arabic and English.
Computer: Computer skills (Microsoft office) is desirable.
Application must be in English language and must include (mandatory) :
- Complete CV and Copies of all the certificates and diplomas mentioned in the CV.
- Contact information of the previous employers for a reference.
- License to practice the profession from Medical Professions Counsel.
- Sudanese Nationality certificate.
Application before 06th March 2021 in sealed envelope mentioning “MSF - application for Midwife Kario”, to Labour office, Daein, Khartoum Al Jamahiriya Street, or online at Sudanjob.net. Applications that are incomplete or submitted after 06th March 2021 will not be accepted.
Due to the high volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
WARNING: Do not to pay any money to get a job. Please report fraudulent jobs to email@example.com