|Date Posted||December 2, 2019|
Nov 29, 2019, 8:05:51 PM
Dec 13, 2019, 10:59:00 PM
AF_SSD South Sudan
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device's system settings.
BACKGROUND AND OBJECTIVES OF THE FUNCTION
The immunization coverage for all antigens has been on the decline due to the protracted humanitarian situation in the country. This has resulted in measles outbreaks across the country. The country received funding from Gavi to support improvement in immunization coverage and health system strengthening. WHO is supporting the Ministry of Health at national and state level to implement strategies that will lead to improvement in Immunization coverage and well as ensuring quality of immunization services to prevent adverse events following immunization.
Description Of Duties
The consultant will perform the following tasks:
- Facilitate development/Update of immunization micro plans in the health facilities
- Support the conduct of routine immunization /PIRI activities in the states
- Monitor implementation of immunization sessions
- Supportive supervision to health facilities offering immunization
- On-job training/capability building of health workers
- Routine immunization data analysis using RED categorization.
Essential: – Medical degree or First University Degree in Public Health or any health-related fields
Desirable: Advanced university degree (Masters Level or above) preferably in epidemiology or public health management
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience at the national and international levels in immunization programmes, vaccine preventable diseases surveillance and data management.
- Demonstrated experience in working with development partners on the development, planning, implementation or monitoring and evaluation of immunization strategies and programmes.
- Previous experience working in South Sudan.
- Extensive training/experience in immunization, surveillance and data interpretation.
- Proven experience to work to deadlines and budgets, in collaboration with a diverse range of stakeholders.
Use Of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English
Desirable: Knowledge of Basic Arabic
Specific Skills Required
- Analytical skills and high-level technical proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, with ability to use these tools to collect and analyze immunization program data.
- Remuneration – this is a P3 Level consultancy with a monthly remuneration of $7,000 and Daily Subsistence Allowance of $128, reduced by half after the first 30 days.
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- If your candidature is retained for interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- For information on WHO's operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- Applications from women and from nationals of non and underrepresented Member States are particularly encouraged.
- WHO's workforce adheres to the WHO Values Charter and is committed to put the WHO Values into practice - https://www.who.int/about/who-we-are/our-values
- Consultants shall perform the work as independent contractors in a personal capacity, and not as a representative of any entity or authority. The execution of the work under a consultant contract does not create an employer/employee relationship between WHO and the Consultant.
- WHO shall have no responsibility whatsoever for any taxes, duties, social security contributions or other contributions payable by the Consultant. The Consultant shall be solely responsible for withholding and paying any taxes, duties, social security contributions and any other contributions which are applicable to the Consultant in in each location/jurisdiction in which the work hereunder is performed, and the Consultant shall not be entitled to any reimbursement thereof by WHO.