|Date Posted||October 4, 2022|
Consultant Terms of Reference
Title: Grants Consultant Dates:2 months, with possible extension
The contractor will be based in Khartoum and will provide consulting services over 2 months. Remote work an option.
Purpose and Objectives
1.To support with grants management work for 2 months.
1. Proposal Developments and Concept Notes
2. Donor Report Review
3. Success story development for 5 states
4. Emergency Response reports (ERRM)
Skills and experience we’re seeking
- Minimum (3) experience in grants management, with a minimum of three (3) years in senior grants management with an INGO in complex emergency, conflict, or post-conflict settings.
- Minimum University degree in the Social Sciences, Business, International Policy or Administration, or related field; Master’s Degree highly preferred
- Proven ability to establish and lead a grants management unit with a staff of at least four direct reports.
- Experience in managing a multi-sector program grants management, coordinating successfully with program, operations, finance, MEAL, and other teams to ensure successful grant implementation, high-quality reporting, and donor compliance
- Demonstrated ability to manage and lead through influence, vertically and horizontally across functional responsibilities.
- Strong representation, interpersonal and negotiation skills, in managing relations with colleagues, donors, community representatives, and government authorities.
- Experience in managing and working with a multicultural staff through a participatory approach and in motivating and mobilizing staff working in a complex emergency environment.
- Direct experience implementing and implementing USAID and UN system grants.
- Experience of working in fragile states/acute emergencies similar to Sudan context, e.g. Yemen, Syria, Iraq, Libya, or Afghanistan.
Alight is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. Alight complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.