|Date Posted||April 17, 2021|
- WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity & gender balance and encourage qualified female candidates to apply.
Would you like to join WFP Sudan's Administration team and enable the delivery of professional, client-focused Admin services ? Are you ready to partner with managers to deliver a proactive and effective services that will enable WFP to change and save the lives of the most vulnerable people in Sudan? If yes, this opportunity is for you.
At WFP, we are looking for two experienced
Cooks, to join the administration team in
Nyala to be hired on a
Service Contract at
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world
achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WFP Sudan has the potential to reach millions of food-insecure people across Sudan - with a total of 7.8 million people assisted in 2020. WFP Sudan, one of the largest and complex operations for WFP globally, is currently rolling out its five-year Country Strategic Plan (2019-2023), which aims to provide emergency assistance through a hybrid approach (Cash, food and vouchers), along with life-changing types of programmes (Nutrition, Resilience and School Feeding).
To support the office by providing cooking services and other related services such as cleaning, laundry, basic garden maintenaance, porter duties, and other related manual work.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (NOT ALL INCLUSIVE)
- Support preparation and delivery of food and beverages, arrange for basic refurbishment and maintenance of kitchen area and equipment to facilitate efficient service.
- Provide efficient cleaning services including kitchens and toilets to ensure clean, hygienic and well-organized working environment
- Provide support in loading/offloading and moving office equipment, furniture, baggage and other items for efficient site maintenance services
- Perform basic maintenance of outdoor/indoor environments, to keep them clean, well-organized and in a good condition.
- Provide laundry services including basic maintenance of related equipment, to ensure that WFP office and guesthouse items are clean.
- Perform any other related duties.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Knowledge of basic equipment and use of cleaning materials/solution.
- Ability to operate and maintain equipment and supplies related to work in a good working condition.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions and meet the deadlines.
- High sense of responsibility and initiative.
- Punctuality, honesty and integrity.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to work in a team
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: This position has no specific requirements for education, however completion of secondary school education is an advantage.
Experience: one year or more of work experience in a helper position as a cook.
Language: Intermediate knowledge of English and Arabic Languages.
HOW TO APPLY?
To apply, please create a personal account and fill out the profile form with your personal information at http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings . If you are an internal applicant, apply through your E-Recruitment profile.
In the application form, ensure filling the mandatory sections, attaching your up-to-date CV, answering the pre-screening questions and agreeing on the legal statement before submitting your application.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis on account of potential and performance. All applicants will undergo a rigorous process which includes screening against job requirements, a technical test, and a panel interview.
TALENTED WOMEN ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
We look for applicants with the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian values. We commit to promote diversity, gender parity and equality between men and women.
WFP strives to build a work environment that is safe and respectful, and free of sexual harassment and abuse of authority. We believe in open communication, and every individual at WFP is treated with respect regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, religious and political beliefs, etc.
In this pursuit, WFP assists women to balance work exigencies with personal and family responsibilities by providing an attractive compensation package, including fully paid maternity leave for 16 weeks, breastfeeding time off, and the possibility to avail of flexible working arrangements. Also, we endeavor to provide our staff, women, and men, with training and professional career development.
Closing date: 20 April 2021
- Female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
- WFP has zero-tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
- This position is open ONLY to Sudanese nationals or those authorized to live and work in Sudan according to Sudanese regulations. Applicants who do not meet this criterion will not be considered for this position.
- WFP does not charge any fees at any stage of its recruitment process.
- Applicants should state the duty stations they are interested in while completing their cover letters.
- CANDIDATES ARE ADVISED TO ATTACH BOTH A COVER LETTER AND AN UPDATED CV OR UNP11 FORM. PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOUR CV OR P