|Date Posted||June 15, 2021|
Sales and Marketing
Performing the day to day purchasing activities according to MSF protocols and executing the stock management activities (receipt, storage, and issuance to projects or other departments of medical supplies, food items, spare parts, tools, equipment and/ or other logistics materials) in order to ensure an optimal running of the mission.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Performing on a day to day basis the purchasing activities in the mission, analyzing market sources and competitive pricing conditions among different suppliers in order to ensure an ongoing supply of goods, following the procurement procedures and according to MSF standards and protocols. Including the following activities:
- Constantly assessing the local market, seeking products and suppliers that offer the best value for money and negotiating prices in order to guarantee the best quality and pricing for MSF goods and commodities.
- Obtaining different quotations from suppliers according to the MSF Purchasing policy and placing purchase orders to pre-selected suppliers with whom prices have been agreed. Requesting invoices or receipts, without delay, for all purchases, checking they are correctly filled and translating information written in local language before approval
- Managing the administrative and accounting procedures related to purchases: completing purchase orders, checking delivery notes (against orders), managing advances issued by the Finance Department, etc. Updating information on purchase lists after purchases are made.
• Updating and/or creating stock cards for all stock items immediately after reception of goods. Checking the received cold boxes and controlling the cold chain-monitoring card
• Storing materials in accordance with the system in force in order to ensure continuous availability ensuring that all items are well organised and correctly stored, well protected, fully identified and easily accessible (cleanliness, security, access, etc.).
• Monitoring the store temperature and ensuring Cold Chain items are stored in an adequate temperature. Keeping a special control of “sensitive” goods: numbers of lots, expiry dates, packaging and special storage conditions.
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
Interested candidates are requested to send their CV, Copy/ copies of education certificate(s) and Copy of work/ experience certificates to:
Sudanjob.net or HAC Labour office, Khartoum
MSF Belgium, street 27, house 14 Amarat, Khartoum