A competent electrical engineer with a comprehensive knowledge of designing, developing and maintaining electrical systems and components to required specifications, focusing on economy, safety, reliability, quality and sustainability. A consistent track record of successfully completing projects from the concept and detail of the design through to implementation, testing and handover.
Following a return to the job market, I am now looking to secure a challenging and rewarding new role where I can put previous experience gained within customer services and project management to best use
Area of expertise
- Electrical Power Systems
- Renewable Energies
- Power Electronics
- Installation Design
- Project Management
- Commercial awareness
- Team work
- Technical skills
- An eye for detail
- Problem solving
- Project management
- Project planning
- Computer literacy
|Last Resume Update||September 5, 2019|
• Estimate material, construction, and labour costs, and project timescales.
• Identify customer requirements, making models and prototypes of products.
• Attend meetings on site.
• Prepare Electrical procedures for installation test & commissioning.
• Proof read electrical design specifications and technical drawings.
• Organise routine servicing schedules.
• Make sure all electrical engineering projects are fit for purpose.
• Liaise with and monitore third party contractors.
• Negotiate with suppliers and purchase items at optimum cost.
• Attende meetings, write reports and give presentations to managers and clients.
• Coordinate with vendors to identify and procure appropriate equipment necessary for project completion.
• Supervise installation and operations to consistently meet rigorous customer requirements.
• Performe load calculation for sizing wire and circuit protection.
• Apply principles of electrical theory to advance and improve product development and efficiency.
• Test electrical components and systems for adherence to IEC standards and specification
• Developed a solar sizing calculator which saved system sizing time by 80%
• Installed and commissioned solar projects of up to 4000Wp
• Installed and tested residential electrical systems for adherence to IEC and IEEE standards.
• Performed energy audits and implemented remedies which reduced utility bills by up to 30%
• Tested high voltage (11KV and 33KV) system components for adherence to the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) working standards which was critical for the safe operation of the network system.
• Produced timely diagnostic reports on tested components which reduced restoration and replacement downtime by 20%.
• Developed a materials and quality of works checklist for the pre-commissioning of a 40MVA substation.
• Calculated power reliability indices for the month of June to ascertain the amount of energy not supplied due to power outages and the revenue lost due to the outages.
Contract Marketing Clerk|Cashier
• Increased daily farmer payments from $10,000 to about $15,000.
• Elevated farmer-payment satisfaction by 4% by accelerating front end payment process.
Electrical Assistant| Trainee
Highlights of Qualifications
• Hands-on experience as an electrician.
• Profound knowledge of electrical installation and maintenance along with construction tasks.
• Through knowledge of different tools and equipment.
• Solid understanding of safety regulations in accordance to the set standards.
Contract Marketing clerk|Cashier
• Assisted cashier team with resolving problems and maintaining efficiency.
• Verified and processed over $10,000 of cash payments daily to farmers during the leaf buying season.
Bachelor od Science in Electrical Engineering
Diploma in Electrical Engineering