Gross Salary: 1039 USD
Grade Level: E2 Step: 1
Supervisor: Health Coordinator
No. of Post: 1
Duty Station: Zalingi with frequent travel to the field.
Duration: One Year
Closing Date: 10 July 2022
Responsible for supporting the Health Coordinator with designing, planning, implementation and monitoring of health activities. This includes, but is not limited to, coordination, supervision and training of other health staff. Will liaise with the government, MoH, UN agencies and other NGO representatives as necessary and appropriate.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Oversee the implementation of health programs at field level and work with the Health Coordinator to ensure that stated goals and objectives are met, that projects are monitored and evaluated, and that accurate reports are written and submitted on time
- Oversee the implementation of safe-motherhood and reproductive health activities, including ANC, delivery care, PNC, and FP, whenever appropriate
- Participate in proposal writing, prepare program work plans, budgets and manage grants in coordination with the Health Coordinator and other program staff
- Ensure a clear schedule is defined for conducting health education activities in the health facilities and at the community level
- Ensure appropriate monitoring and evaluation systems are in place for the health activities in Central Darfur
- Ensure that health interventions are in line with accepted SPHERE and National guidelines
- Ensure adequate plans for prompt response to any infectious or epidemic disease outbreaks
- In collaboration with the Health Coordinator, prepare and actively assist the Senior Management Team in preparation of health related donor reports
- Review health facility statistics, drug management and monitoring reports on a weekly and monthly basis and submit reports to the Health Coordinator.
- Initiate technical evaluations, surveys and situation analysis as required
- Promote the culture of learning and documentation so that lessons learnt and good practices are documented and shared for institutional memory and learning. Ensure that field experiences are documented and used to advocate on behalf of the communities with which World Relief works.
- Management and supervision of all health programming in all locations under World Relief operations in Central Darfur.
- Supervise the safe and efficient management of health supplies and equipment in the project areas.
- Ensure timely and accurate data collection, monitor data for accuracy and conduct data analysis as required for timely detection of health related problems.
- Coordinate health activities effectively with State MoH, UN agencies (UNICEF and UNFPA and WHO), other implementing partners and funding agencies.
- Assess staff training needs and make appropriate remedial actions.
- Coordinate health program development with local counterparts (NNGOs, State MoH, local leadership) with a focus on using a community development approaches at all stages of program planning and implementation.
- Where required, organize, facilitate and/or provide training for health personnel.
- Ensure compliance with WHO, UNICEF and other MoH guidelines in each program component.
- Promote the development of a sustainable health program by offering creative ideas and new approaches to solving problems in the health program.
- Conduct regular communications with the MoH Officials, local community leaders, local authorities and partners in Khartoum to coordinate the health promotion activities of the project and inform about the progress made and to ensure sustainability of the project.
- Plan activities for the community around the health teaching/ promotion activities.
- Supervise the health staff to ensure they implement health activities in line with standard protocols and carry out activities according to the established work plans.
- Monitor and report progress and any challenges to the Health Coordinator
- Analyse the collected information for follow up of health status and strengthen implementation strategies of the health activities and for reporting purposes as required by donors and other World Relief partners.
- Whenever required, to translate for the Sector Head and/or colleagues in the carrying out of health sector tasks or other work-related issues.
- Provide technical guidance to the project on an ongoing basis in close liaison with the Health Coordinator.
- Coordinate with other World Relief programs in the field with full support for an integrated approach.
- Demonstrate commitment to World Relief Code of Conduct and mission at all times while interacting with other staff and community members.
- Attend all health coordination meetings in Central Darfur State and take lead in giving updates of the health sector activities to other partners, donors and government in collaboration with the Health Coordinator.
- Perform other related duties that may be assigned to him/her from time to time by the Health Coordinator, Area Program Manager or any other staff.
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
- Medical degree, Degree Public Health, Masters of Public Health will be an advantage.
- 5 years health care program management experience, preferably in a complex emergency.at least 3years experience in INGOs.
- Clearly demonstrated ability to design, implement, and evaluate technical Health sector assessments using established and recognized assessment methodologies.
- Competence in the use of MS Office.
- Strong capacity building and facilitation skills, accompanied with cross-cultural sensitivity.
- Excellent English communication skills (oral and written).
- Ability to work in and contribute to team building environment.
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural contexts, psychologically stressful environments and physical hardship conditions with limited resources.
- This position is based in Central Darfur, overnight stays in the field (WR established bases) are mandatory for this position. Monthly travel to and from filed sites is expected.
- Operating environment is extremely volatile, with security restrictions in force.
- Normal working hours are 8:00 am to 4:00pm, Sunday to Thursday. When in the field the hours may at times be adjusted in the light of the prevailing emergency situation being addressed or as required by the supervisor or job description. Total working hours per week is 40 hours.
- Spend over 90% of the contract period in the field.
Important Employee Information
WR forbids any smoking, drinking and substance abuse by its staff during working hours.
The staff is expected to treat the supervisor and other WR staff, community and visitors with respect.
Under no circumstance shall the staff entertain personal visitors within the WR compound. (EXCEPT AS APPROVED BY IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR)
Immediate dismissal may result from the following:
- Drinking alcoholic beverages, being in a drunken state, showing characteristics of drugs or other substance abuse.
- Theft of any equipment, commodity or item that belongs to WR.
ALL CVs with certificates & Cover letter submit to labor office Zalingi.
Close Date: 10/7/2022
WARNING: Do not to pay any money to get a job. Please report fraudulent jobs to firstname.lastname@example.org