|Date Posted||July 19, 2021|
ROLE PURPOSE: The Roving Risk and Compliance officer will work under the supervision and guidance of the Risk and Compliance Senior coordinator responsible for supporting risk management in different field offices providing support to the area and head of implementation managers to properly identify and manage risks, compliance on programmes implementations, compliance with government laws and regulations, keep tracking and updates projects Technical Agreements and MOUs tracking sheets.
The post holder will be expected to provide significant mentoring and capacity-building in the field offices staff, volunteers, suppliers, consultants, associates and partners. Follow-up on fraud cases and ensure successful agreed actions implementation.
S/he will ensure compliance with Save the Children’s global standards and best practices for Fraud management, risk and compliance management
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours according
In order to be successful, you will bring/have:
- Degree in Business Administration, Social Development, Accounting, Finance or related field
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience, with a minimum of 2 years spent within a country office capacity.
- Experience in internal auditing with non-profit / NGOs in Sudan is an additional asset.
- Proficient of in application of internal auditing theory, standards, procedures & techiniques.
- Experience in fraud awareness and case investigation management.
- An unquestionably high level of integrity and ethics
- Computer fluency; highly competent using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and experience working in complex financial systems.
- Excellent communication skills, initiative, the ability to meet tight deadlines and work independently is essential.
- Available to travel frequently to all country locations.
- Experience with Save the Children award management and financial systems (AMS and Agresso).
- Significant experience in fraud and corruption prevention.
- Significant experience in audit management.
- Professional Audit Qualification and any relevant professional qualifications is preferred
- Knowledge of the Sudan financial legal framework.
- Ability to operate in a cross cultural environment requiring flexibility
- Can be trusted to work independently with limited supervision.
- Can be trusted to keep sensitive information secure
Contract duration: 1 year
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.