|Date Posted||April 14, 2021|
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity & gender balance and encourage qualified female candidates to apply.
Would you like to join WFP Sudan's office administration team and enable the delivery of professional and client-focused services? Are you ready to partner with teams to deliver effective general administrative support that will change and save the lives of the most vulnerable people in Sudan? If yes, this opportunity is for you.
At WFP, we are looking for experienced
Business Support Assistants, to join our teams in different functional/ operational areas in
Khartoum, Ed Daein and Port Sudan, Sudan, to be hired on a
Fixed Term Contract at
G 4 level.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world
achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WFP Sudan has the potential to reach millions of food-insecure people across Sudan - with a total of 7.8 million people assisted in 2020. WFP Sudan, one of the largest and complex operations for WFP globally, is currently rolling out its five-year Country Strategic Plan (2019-2023), which aims to provide emergency assistance through a hybrid approach (Cash, food and vouchers), along with life-changing types of programmes (Nutrition, Resilience and School Feeding).
To deliver standard business support processes for a specific professional area of work, to facilitate effective service delivery.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Gather information with clear direction to support the drafting of documents and preparing reports by other staff.
- Respond to queries and escalate where appropriate, in order to provide a timely and accurate service to clients.
- Support processing and managing routine administrative and financial tasks in various functional areas, to contribute to the effective and timely management of resources.
- Provide revision and proof-reading services for standard documents, to contribute to the development of accurate documentation.
- Take responsibility for the maintenance of set standard systems and files, to ensure information is accurate and readily available for the function.
- Identify simple discrepancies in statistics and data, such as missing information, and report to senior staff in order to support clients to deliver their work.
- Take responsibility for data integrity to facilitate availability of accurate information in corporate systems.
- Provide guidance on routine business support methods and practices to junior colleagues to ensure services are delivered consistently and to the required standards.
- Work with a variety of individuals, taking on feedback where appropriate to assist in business support delivery for staff.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education
Experience: Three or more years of progressively responsible work experience in a busy office environment providing administrative support.
Language: Fluency in both English and Arabic.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Proficient in the use of office equipment and MS Office package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher etc.)
- Knowledge of work routines and methods in order to complete processes under minimal supervision.
- Uses tact and courtesy to give and receive information to a wide range of individuals.
- Ability to identify data discrepancies and rectify problems requiring attention.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please create a personal account and fill out the profile form with your personal information at http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings . If you are an internal applicant, apply through your E-Recruitment profile.
In the application form, ensure filling the mandatory sections, attaching your CV, answering the pre-screening questions and agreeing on the legal statement before submitting your application.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis on account of potential and performance. All applicants will undergo a rigorous process which includes screening against job requirements, a technical test, and a panel interview.
TALENTED WOMEN ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY:
We look for applicants with the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian values. We commit to promote diversity, gender parity and equality between men and women.
WFP strives to build a work environment that is safe and respectful, and free of sexual harassment and abuse of authority. We believe in open communication, and every individual at WFP is treated with respect regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, religious and political beliefs, etc.
In this pursuit, WFP assists women to balance work exigencies with personal and family responsibilities by providing an attractive compensation package, including fully paid maternity leave for 16 weeks, breastfeeding time off, and the possibility to avail of flexible working arrangements. Also, we endeavor to provide our staff, women, and men, with training and professional career development.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS:
Closing date: 26 April 2021
- Female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
- WFP has zero-tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
- This position is open ONLY to Sudanese nationals or those authorized to live and work in Sudan according to Sudanese regulations. Applicants who do not meet this criterion will not be considered for this position.
- WFP does not charge any fees at any stage of its recruitment process.
- Applicants should state the duty stations they are interested in while completing their cover letters.
- CANDIDATES ARE ADVISED TO ATTACH BOTH A COVER LETTER AND AN UPDATED CV OR UNP11 FORM. PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOUR CV OR P11 IS