|Date Posted||August 9, 2022|
JOB POSTING INFORMATION
Posting Date: 08 August 2022
Closing Date: 21 August 2022
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity & gender balance and encouraging qualified female candidates to apply.
Would you like to join WFP Sudan’s office administration team and enable the delivery of professional and client-focused services? Are you ready to partner with teams to deliver effective general administrative support that will change and save the lives of the most vulnerable people in Sudan? If yes, this opportunity is for you.
At WFP, we are looking for an experienced Business Support Assistant, to join our team at the Finance unit in Khartoum, Sudan to be hired on a Fixed Term Contract G3 level.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WFP Sudan has the potential to reach millions of food insecure people across Sudan – with a total of 4 million people assisted in 2018. WFP Sudan, one of the largest and complex operations for the UN WFP, is currently rolling out its five-year Country Strategic Plan (2019-2023), which aims to provide emergency assistance through a hybrid approach (Cash, food and vouchers), along with life-changing types of programmes (Nutrition, Resilience and School Feeding).
To deliver a range of routine business support tasks, to ensure that staff are effectively supported.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Under the direct supervision of the Finance Officer and overall supervision of the Head of Finance Services the incumbent will perform the following:
1. Register payment files records in the database by indexing them as appropriate
2. Maintain and organize active records
3. Maintain the logbook for the bank transfer’s serial number
4. Photocopy and/or scan VAT documents and other documents as required
5. Maintain a register for the retrieved documents by finance staff; monitor/follow up on documents not returned to Archive Office and ensure restore in respective file(s)
6. Prepare a monthly report for the missing payment documents/TFRs retrieved by staff
7. Archive all inactive records and monitor their retention period
8. Assist staff to identify and retrieve the required documents
9. Identify and communicate on records beyond retention period for destruction process
10. Act as ITS’ alternate for receipt and registration of invoices
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education.
Experience: at least two years of experience in general administrative work. Relevant experience in finance should be an added value.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Ability to use standard office equipment such as photocopiers and scanners.
• Knowledge of standardized business support work routines and methods.
• Knowledge of standard office software packages, e.g. Microsoft word.
• Uses tact and courtesy to give and receive information with a variety of individuals.
• Good attention to detail in order to identify data discrepancies.
• Ability to work to deadlines and follow clear instructions.
Language: Fluency in both English and Arabic
WFP LEADERSHIP FRAMEWORK: COMMON STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOUR
Leads by Example with Integrity
- Upholds WFP values, principles and standards Demonstrates the WFP values, principles and standards
- Values diversity using respectful and inclusive language
- Stays focused and calm when under pressure
- Shows humility and a willingness to learn and share knowledge, seeking and acting on feedback, and taking up
- opportunities to develop
Drives Results and Delivers on Commitments
- Is accountable for the delivery of results
- Seeks guidance and support where needed
- Adapts readily to change adjusting work as needed
Fosters Inclusive and Collaborative
- Promotes teamwork by sharing ideas and openly raising issues
- Gives timely and constructive feedback to others
- Listens attentively to others and shares views
Applies Strategic Thinking
- Embraces WFP’s vision and how it impacts their role
- Shows curiosity and implements new ways of doing things when relevant
- Gathers data and shares knowledge to inform team activities
- Asks questions to understand the impact of decisions for their objectives
Builds and Maintains Sustainable Partnerships
- Acts professionally with external partners
- Works together with partners to deliver common goals
To apply, please create a personal account and fill out the profile form with your personal information at http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings . If you are an internal applicant, apply through your E-Recruitment profile.
In the application form, ensure filling the mandatory sections, attaching your CV, answering the pre-screening questions and agreeing on the legal statement before submitting your application.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis on account of potential and performance. All applicants will undergo a rigorous process which includes screening against job requirements, a technical test, and a panel interview.
TALENTED WOMEN ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
We look for applicants with the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian values. We commit to promote diversity, gender parity and equality between men and women.
WFP strives to build a work environment that is safe and respectful, and free of sexual harassment and abuse of authority. We believe in open communication, and every individual at WFP is treated with respect regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, religious and political beliefs, etc.
In this pursuit, WFP assists women to balance work exigencies with personal and family responsibilities by providing an attractive compensation package, including fully paid maternity leave for 16 weeks, breastfeeding time off, and the possibility to avail of flexible working arrangements. Also, we endeavor to provide our staff, women, and men, with training and professional career development.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Closing date: 21 August 2022
WFP does not charge any fee at any stage of its recruitment process
WFP has zero tolerance with discrimination and does not discriminate to HIV/AIDS status.
This position is open to ONLY Sudanese nationals and those authorized to live and work in Sudan according to Sudanese regulations.
CANDIDATES ARE ADVISED TO ATTACH BOTH A COVER LETTER AND AN UPDATED CV OR UNP11 FORM. PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOUR CV OR P11 IS UPDATED