|Date Posted||February 14, 2020|
Req ID: DIREC01946
Posted Date: 2020-02-12
Schedule: Full Time
Location: Juba, South Sudan SSD
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 15 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Creative Associates is seeking a Director of Operations and Finance for an anticipated USAID funded education project in South Sudan. The Directorof Operations and Finance provides overall financial management and administration oversight for the project.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Director of Operations and Finance will report to the Project's Chief of Party.
- Establish and maintain financial management and accounting control systems for program expenditures;
- Ensure that the project meets all donor contractual requirements and complies with donor policies and regulations;
- Liaise between Creative Associates' field and headquarters offices;
- Participate in ongoing analysis, forecasting and review of project expenses;
- Participate in budget planning and realignments as required;
- Track the transfer of funds between headquarters and the field office and manage accounting and finance records of in-country expenses, including developing spreadsheet programs for tracking and monitoring all financial project activities, and maintaining spreadsheets with current project expense data;
- Work closely with field-based subcontractors to ensure budgets, projections, and invoices are completed according to Creative/USAID policies and procedures;
- Manage personnel and payroll office staff and procedures;
- Maintain project financial and contractual files;
- Develop financial procedures manual;
- Provide financial management and systems training for project staff;
- Prepare the requisite financial documents and vouchers;
- Draft quarterly and annual financial reports on financial status of project expenses and budget information; and
- Ensure monthly field expense reports.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- A minimum of 10 years of experience working in senior financial management positions;
- Strong knowledge of USAID rules and regulations;
- Master's degree in a finance-related field; an additional two (2) years of experience may be accepted in lieu of a master's degree;
- Prior work in the East Africa region is highly desirable; and
- Fluency in English.
Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon donor funding.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)