|Date Posted||January 14, 2020|
The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client’s local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
This position will be located in Gouverneur, NY.
• Coordinate and enforce the contract requirements with the contractors and staff
• Provide technical management for multiple trade contracts with coordination between the project team and contractors.
• Review monthly payments and track certified payrolls
• Monitor and enforce the project schedule, including project milestones
• Suggest modifications to improve the project schedule where appropriate
• Assess impact of change requests on the project schedule and budget
• Provide bi-weekly reporting and assist Sr. PM
• Coordinate all required meetings (bi weekly, schedule updates, etc.)
• Create and track Field Orders and Change Orders in DC Net
• Track Submittals, RFIs, and IBs in Submittal Exchange in coordination with the Project Engineer
• Conduct and document, per D&C Procedures, Onsite Inspections: Daily Inspection Report, 1st Delivery, Closure, Pre-Activities, Punch List Items
• Coordinate Third Party Code Inspection and Documentation
• Oversee safety and security at project sites
• Coordinate Inspectors and to ensure work is in accordance with contract documents
• Bachelor of Science in an Engineering discipline, Construction Management, or Architecture required
• 5 years of experience as a Project Manager in an Engineering, Environmental or Construction organization required
• 10 years of experience in a project related construction field required
• Strong working knowledge of pre-design and pre-construction, building systems/components and technology, contract management, project delivery methods, team building and client relationship building required
• Certified Construction Manager (CCM), Professional Engineer (PE) or Architect license/certification preferred
• Correctional facility experience is a huge plus. Building additions and renovations are a must.
Intermittent sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, and lifting. Lifting requirements limited to 20 lbs. in the form of supplies, drawings, etc. Longest distance carried of 50 feet. Hand manipulation is required for simple grasping, pushing and pulling, and fine manipulation. Right and/or left hands utilized. Occasional need to reach and/or work above the shoulder, for supplies, as well as below the shoulder for same. No foot controls necessary. Must be alert to equipment in the field, there will be occasional travel, will work near construction job site equipment when in the field, occasional need to work near hazardous equipment and machinery, occasional need to walk on uneven ground, exposure to dust, gas or fumes, exposure to noise, extremes in temperature or humidity, and potential work at heights.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.