|Date Posted||September 24, 2020|
Please submit your CV in English.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Provide overall leadership, oversight and management support functions (Finance, Administration, Fleet and ICT) in the National Office (NO) and all aspects of NO country financial risks. This position is seen as a strategic partner, member of the Senior Leadership Team of the NO, with a focus on ensuring accountability, stewardship, coordinating planning and budgeting processes. Deliver accurate financial data, analysis and advisory, as well as developing financial strategy that best serves the NO strategic and program objectives. Responsible for staff capacity strengthening, development and implementation of good internal controls, risk management, and utilization and safeguarding of assets according to WV approved policies and procedures.
- Provide strong and positive leadership to the finance department ensuring competent and motivated staff are hired and retained, providing efficient delivery of services.
- Coordinate professional and personal development of finance staff through adequate orientation, on-the-job coaching, identification of learning, training needs and opportunities (e.g. in accounting, SunSystems, grant management, risk management, leadership, etc.)
- Model Christ-centered servant leadership.
- Develop strong networks internally (other NOs, SOs and partnership entities) and externally (other NGOs, banking entities, communities, etc.) through effective communication and relationships.
- Promote shared resource networks within the region, and the partnership.
- Adhere to WVI key policy documents – mission, core values, and covenant of partnership.
- Ensure partnership finance policies and procedures are understood by Senior Management, Operations/Technical staff as appropriate.
- Manage country's financial risk exposure and avoid significant finance audit risk ratings, both at the NO and project levels.
- Provide cost analysis, promoting benchmarks and making recommendations for determining effective resource utilization at all levels.
- Coordinate adequate preparation for GC and external audits: Manage Financial Risk; Implement anti-corruption and fraud strategies.
- Wise stewardship& safe guarding of org. & donor resources.
- Production of accurate Financial reports.
ICT Security and Integrity:
- Improve IT infrastructure and provide quality service.
- Ensure office disaster preparedness and policies updated to include new technologies, trends and threats.
- Ensure improved office/programs connectivity for business operational support.
- Facilitate and ensure preparation of and adherence to computer usage policies.
Administration & Fleet:
- Ensure that WV staff and assets are secured, safe and well maintained; oversee logistics coordination.
- Incident management.
- Make sure that WV provides quality hospitality services to staff and visitors.
- Transportation/Logistics: Responsible for vehicle procurement, management and maintenance.
Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Minimum 7 years of experience in finance position with medium business/medium NGO/government agency.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in finance management position (Fragile context experience will be an Advantage).
- Successful completion of Hostile Environment & Awareness Training (HEAT) for the successful candidate -clearing him/her to work in South Sudan.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration, or a related field.
- Masters Degree in Finance/Accounting/Auditing/Economics preferred.
- ACCA, CIMA, CPA certification or equivalent preferred.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Solid knowledge of accounting principles, financial systems, budget/cash flow monitoring and internal accounting controls.
- Ability to solve complex problems and to exercise independent judgment. Being able to manage working under pressure.
- Must be able to lead and manage team in a complex environment.
- Good working knowledge of computerized accounting systems, preferable Sun Systems & Vision. Must be computer literate in Microsoft Office programs.
- Knowledge of key government & Multilateral grant regulations and financial reporting requirements preferred. (USAID,DFID,EU,GAC and UN Agencies).
- Proficiency in written and spoken English, knowledge of Arabic a plus.
- Good oral/written and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work on a cross-cultural environment with a multi-national staff.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 25% of the time.
- Fit to work in a fragile context.