|Date Posted||November 18, 2022|
Fixed-term contract - 6 months
Starting date : 01/02/2023
PUI all around the world
With its 40 years of experience, Première Urgence Internationale :
- Supports close to 6 millions beneficiaries
- With more than 100 Millions € yearly budget
- Present in 24 countries, on 5 continents
- Thanks to the work and commitment of :
- More than 2500 national staffs
- Around 225 expatriates from 45 different nationalities
- And 120 employees at HQ
PUI works in 10 areas of intervention and distinguishes itself by the implementation of an integrated approach in its response. This method aims to identify and understand the needs of all those affected by a crisis. Our teams come together to bring a rapid global response to the basic needs of populations affected by humanitarian crises to help them regain independence and dignity.
Focus on our activities in SUDAN
Our mission in SUDAN has been open since 2020. PUI develops its integrated approach with health and nutrition. Furthermore, PUI works on launching health and nutrition activities in support to existing health facilities in the surroundings of refugee camps, supporting local communities, refugees and asylum seekers
What about the Head of Mission - Sudan ?
As Head of Mission, you will be responsible for the smooth functioning and the development of the mission.
For this purpose, you will be responsible for :
- Safety & Security: You will be responsible for the safety & security of the mission.
- Programmes: You will coordinate the teams and ensure that the programmes implemented on the mission are properly carried out. You will also monitor needs and suggest new operations and development tracks for the mission.
- Human Resources: You will ensure that the mission is adequately staffed and supervise the teams (defining objectives, follow-up).
- Logistical, administrative and financial monitoring: You will ensure that logistical and administrative practices in place respect PUI procedures and formats and are in compliance with donors’ rules and regulations.
- Medical and technical monitoring: You will ensure that medical and technical practices respect PUI’s procedures and formats and are in compliance with PUI’s operational framework and policy.
- Representation: You will represent the association in its relations with partners, donors, the media and different authorities.
- Relations with Headquarters: You will ensure that information is properly circulated between Headquarters and the field and ensure that due dates are respected.
The challenges that await you :
1°/ Volatile socio-political context 2°/Scaling up activities in West Darfur 3°/Continue to structure the mission while expanding activities in new areas and sectors of intervention
What you will need to succeed
- Training: You hold a Master’s degree or equivalent in Humanitarian action: project management, a technical background related to one of our activity sectors, in human resources management, financial management…
- Experience: Strengthened by minimum 3 years of experience in the field with international NGOs in project coordination, you master international team management, the project cycle and security management. A previous experience as Head of Mission or in an equivalent position would be appreciated. You already worked with Première Urgence Internationale? It would be a definite asset!
- Skills: You master humanitarian project management and team management, you have a detailed knowledge of donors prerequisites. You also have excellent writing skills.
- Qualities: You are a good communicator, both in writing and orally. You demonstrate good team spirit, leadership skills and the ability to make decisions, trustworthiness and a sense of responsibility, organizational skills, reactivity, ability to be thorough and to adapt. You have a strong resistance to stress and particularly in unstable circumstances.
- Languages: English has no secrets for you! All the better, it is mandatory for this position. If you speak Arabic, it would be a definite asset.
A word from the manager
« If you are able to prioritize effectively, you're solution-oriented, organized and making good decisions, even in the most challenging situations, have excellent people and leadership skills, we want to hear from you! You will be leading an amazing, diverse, professional and nice team, providing life-saving, health & nutrition services to refugees, asylum-seekers and host communities, in some of the most remote and hard-to-reach areas of Sudan. »
PUI will offer you
- Status : Cadre with a Fixed-Term Contract
- Monthly Gross Income : 3 330,00 - 3 930,00 EUR depending on your experience in International Solidarity + 50€ per semester of seniority with PUI
- Insurance including medical coverage and complementary healthcare, 24/24 assistance and repatriation
- Housing in private accommodation
- Daily Living Expenses ("Per Diem")
- Break Policy : 5 working days at 3 and 9 months + break allowance
- Paid Leaves Policy : 5 weeks of paid leaves per year + return ticket every 6 months
Première Urgence Internationale sees diversity of nationalities, genders, beliefs, profiles and statuses among its Human Resources as a major asset for its humanitarian action, and therefore compels itself to the strict observance of the principle of non-discrimination throughout its recruitment process.
Première Urgence Internationale applies a policy of zero tolerance towards exploitation, sexual abuse and mistreatment, in all its forms, of women, children and all other vulnerable persons. It engages all its staff to promote, disseminate and respect the principles set out in its ethical charter.
Please note that Première Urgence Internationale shall not in any case request a financial contribution for administrative costs related to recruitment. Any such information would be fraudulent, please disregard it.
You recognize yourself in this profile and you adhere to our commitments ? You feel ready to take up the challenge and to join PUI great family ?