|Date Posted||December 23, 2022|
Human Resource / HR
Fixed-term contract - 4 Months
Starting date : 01/02/2023
PUI all around the world
With its 40 years of experience, Première Urgence Internationale :
- Supports close to 6 millions beneficiaries
- With more than 100 Millions € yearly budget
- Present in 24 countries, on 5 continents
- Thanks to the work and commitment of :
- More than 2500 national staffs
- Around 225 expatriates from 45 different nationalities
- And 120 employees at HQ
PUI works in 10 areas of intervention and distinguishes itself by the implementation of an integrated approach in its response. This method aims to identify and understand the needs of all those affected by a crisis. Our teams come together to bring a rapid global response to the basic needs of populations affected by humanitarian crises to help them regain independence and dignity.
Focus on our activities in SUDAN
Our mission in SUDAN has been open since 2020. PUI develops its integrated approach with health and nutrition. Furthermore, PUI works on launching health and nutrition activities in support to existing health facilities in the surroundings of refugee camps, supporting local communities, refugees and asylum seekers
What about the Human Resources Coordinator - Sudan ?
As Human Resources Coordinator, you will be responsible for monitoring and updating the Human Resources Policy as required by the Mission and in accordance with national legislation. You will ensure proper management of national human resources of the mission.
For this purpose, you will be responsible for :
HR Policy : You will be responsible for improving and updating PUI’s HR policy on the mission within the legal framework of the country of intervention in this field.
Capacity Building : You will propose capacity-building strategies and retention of national staff.
Management and career : You will manage the administrative management of the national teams as a whole (recruitment, hiring, remuneration, monitoring, evaluation, training, dismissal...).
Organization of work : You will make recommendations and participate in the rationalization and optimization of the human resources of the mission.
Risk Analysis : You will analyse risks related to HR issues, alert and issue recommendations where appropriate.
Administrative and legal management : You will be responsible for monitoring administrative files and will ensure that the status and operation of the mission are in legal conformity with the requirements of the country of intervention.
Administrative management of expatriate staff : You will support the HoM in the HR and administrative management of the mission's expatriate staff.
The challenges that await you :
1°/ First HR Coordinator on the mission, with a need to structure and improve procedures and HR practices, including recruitment, retention, talent identification and capacity-building of national colleagues 2°/ Challenging and volatile humanitarian context
What you will need to succeed
- Training: You hold a Bachelor’s or Master‘s degree in HR management or other relevant qualification. A project management training would be appreciated.
- Experience: You are strengthened by minimum 2 years of experience in an international NGO or in a technical area. All the better if you have a previous experience in HR or administration-related positions at coordination level, or some knowledge/experience in capacity building and staff training. You already worked with Première Urgence Internationale? It would be a definite asset!
- Skills: You master team management and administrative management, Labor Law and Database Salary management. Some knowledge or an experience in capacity building / staff development and a previous experience in volatile contexts or conflict zones would be appreciated.
- Qualities: You are able to work independently, to take responsibility, in a proactive approach in order to make proposals and to identify solutions. You have resilience to stress, are diplomatic and open-minded, and are able to integrate into the local environment, taking into account its political, economic and historical characteristics. You have good analytical skills, and know how to manage priorities.
- Languages: You can speak English fluently. If you speak Arabic, it would be a definite asset !
A word from the manager
« If you're passionate about people and their growth, have significant experience in HR management in challenging contexts, have a positive attitude, and believe in teamwork and humanitarian values, we want to hear from you! »
PUI will offer you
- Status : Cadre with a Fixed-Term Contract
- Monthly Gross Income : 2 650,00 - 3 130,00 EUR depending on your experience in International Solidarity + 50€ per semester of seniority with PUI
- Insurance including medical coverage and complementary healthcare, 24/24 assistance and repatriation
- Housing in collective accomodation
- Daily Living Expenses ("Per Diem")
- Break Policy : 5 working days at 3 and 9 months + break allowance
- Paid Leaves Policy : 5 weeks of paid leaves per year + return ticket every 6 months
Première Urgence Internationale sees diversity of nationalities, genders, beliefs, profiles and statuses among its Human Resources as a major asset for its humanitarian action, and therefore compels itself to the strict observance of the principle of non-discrimination throughout its recruitment process.
Première Urgence Internationale applies a policy of zero tolerance towards exploitation, sexual abuse and mistreatment, in all its forms, of women, children and all other vulnerable persons. It engages all its staff to promote, disseminate and respect the principles set out in its ethical charter.
Please note that Première Urgence Internationale shall not in any case request a financial contribution for administrative costs related to recruitment. Any such information would be fraudulent, please disregard it.
You recognize yourself in this profile and you adhere to our commitments ? You feel ready to take up the challenge and to join PUI great family ?