|Date Posted||April 14, 2021|
Would you like to join WFP Sudan's IT operations Assistant team and enable the delivery of professional, client-focus oriented? If yes, this opportunity is for you.
At WFP, we are looking for a talented
IT Solutions Assistant based in Multiple Duty Stations
(El Fasher 02 SC & 1 SSA, Nyala 02 SC & 1 SSA, El Geniena 02 SC & 1 SSA, Elobied 02 SC & 1 SSA, and Kassala 02 SC & 1 SSA,), Sudan, to be hired on a Service Contract SC and Special Service Agreement SSA Level
We are the largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. Our mission is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every single day, we work worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. For more information visit: http://www1.wfp.org/
How to apply?
To apply, please create a personal account and fill out the profile form with your personal information at http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings. If you are an internal applicant, apply through your E-Recruitment profile.
In the application form, ensure filling the mandatory sections, attaching your CV, answering the pre-screening questions and agreeing on the legal statement before submitting your application.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis on account of potential and performance. All applicants will undergo a rigorous process which includes screening against job requirements, a technical test, and a panel interview.
Talented women are encouraged to apply
We look for applicants with the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian values. We commit to promote diversity, gender parity and equality between men and women.
WFP strives to build a work environment that is safe and respectful, and free of sexual harassment and abuse of authority. We believe in open communication, and every individual at WFP is treated with respect regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, religious and political beliefs, etc.
In this pursuit, WFP assists women to balance work exigencies with personal and family responsibilities by providing an attractive compensation package, including fully paid maternity leave for 16 weeks, breastfeeding time off, and the possibility to avail of flexible working arrangements. Also, we endeavour to provide our staff, women, and men, with training and professional career development opportunities.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable. Language: Fluency in both oral and written English and Arabic languages.
Experience: At least four years of progressively responsible work experience in the area of the Information Technology Maintenance Work.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Has experience resolving more complex technical issues.
- Has worked with head of units in defining requirements for functional area.
- Has experience with the application of client services standards to resolve or escalate clients' service problems.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Under the technical supervision of the IT Unit at Country office level and the overall oversight of the Head of Area Office, the job holder is expected to take responsibility for completion of a range of processess and activiies requring interpretation of standred guildlines/practices. Job holder is able to recommend a course of action to staff at various levels.
- Carry out system maintenance tasks, such as performing monitoring tasks, running system diagnostics, and system optimisation, to ensure they are running effectively and enable easy and efficient use.
- Maintain technology, including standard repairs, configuration, and storage, in accordance with data security and access controls to ensure IT equipment required for WFP staff is available.
- Prepare files and systems for inventory and archives, such as website content and directories, to ensure information is accurate and up-to-date.
- Allocate tasks to other colleagues, ensuring that tasks are delivered to agreed standards and deadlines, to support the effective delivery of services.
- Respond to a variety of queries about technology and systems in order to assist WFP staff to deliver their services.
- With support of senior colleagues, provide standard training to end users of technology and systems to ensure staff use standard technology and systems effectively.
- Perform routine deployments of server hardware and software, including testing and the identification of problems, to contribute to the effective functioning of technology.
- Responsible for maintaining information records such as updating web pages and statistical databases to ensure the information is current and well organised.
- Install, operate and maintain telecommunications systems and equipment, to ensure optimal services compliance with standard operations procedures.
- Support the development of standard material such as training documentation and web content on behalf of senior officers, to ensure staff have access to required information about IT services and products.
- Suggest improvements to methods and processes in order to support the continuous improvement of IT service
- Follow set emergency response processes and procedures as required to provide support in enabling emergency food assistance needs to be met.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP's Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team's work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit's responsibilities will serve WFP's mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an 'I will'/'We will' spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP's teams and external partners in fulfilling team's goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor's priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level
Governance, Strategy and Architecture
Demonstrates awareness of overall IT governance structure and system architecture development to support the process and assist in design of interaction between systems.
Change Implementation, Project management, Planning and Optimization
Has basic understanding of project management principles to provide basic estimates on timing, resource utilisation and costs to facilitate the project planning process.
Continuously updates one's own knowledge about new technologies and product modifications; Is sought out for advice/expertise and recognized internally as an important technical reference.
Understands and follows the established standards and protocols for service excellence within own domain to maintain quality of delivery and high levels of customer satisfaction.
Exhibits a detailed understanding of customers' IT requests in order to effectively address and manage internal customers 'needs. Identifies recurrent issues to propose long-term solutions.
Procurement and Contract Management
Assists in the technology selection process by collating information on vendors and/or products for evaluation against criteria.
This position is open only for Sudanese Nationals or individuals authorized to work in Sudan according to Sudanese regulations.
Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
HOW TO APPLY:
- To apply, please create a personal account and fill out the profile form with your personal information at http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings. If you are an internal applicant, apply through your E-Recruitment profile.
- In the application form, ensure filling the mandatory sections, attaching your up-to-date CV or UN P11 form, answering the pre-screening questions and agreeing on the legal statement before submitting your application.
- Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis on account of potential and performance. All applicants will undergo a rigorous process which includes screening against job requirements, a technical test, and a panel interview.
- WFP does not charge any fees at any stage of its recruitment process.
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.