|Date Posted||April 17, 2021|
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) and Danish Demining Group (DDG) is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-profit organization founded in 1956 that works in more than 30 countries throughout the world, including Sudan. DRC/DDG fulfils its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations, including refugees, internally displaced people and host communities. Under its mandate, the organization focuses on emergency humanitarian response, rehabilitation, post-conflict recovery and humanitarian mine-action.
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) has been operational in Sudan since 2004, focusing primarily on the conflict in Darfur. DRC devoted, on the basis of humanitarian principles to securing the Protection of refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs), and to promoting long term solutions to the problems of forced displacement. DRC works in the context of conflict-induced displacement of populations and in return and reintegration situations
Overall Purpose of the Role:
The Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Officer (Information Management) will work closely with the MEAL Manager and other MEAL team members and contribute the development of high-quality monitoring tools, promoting accountability to affected populations, documenting lessons learned from programme activities, and assisting in project evaluations. The MEAL Officer (IM) will lead country team’s information management processes under the direct supervision of the MEAL Manager. These processes will include database management, the development of MEAL tools, ensuring compliance with data protection policies, and supporting on the Feedback and Complaints Response Hotline. The MEAL Officer (IM) will play a crucial role in developing and maintaining the information systems that ensure the quality of DRC programming, ensuring participation and accountability to affected populations, and ensuring donor compliance.Duties and responsibilities:
Monitoring & Evaluation
- Support the development of M&E tools and questionnaires with supervision from the MEAL Manager;
- Support the development and maintenance of SharePoint data collection tools and online databases;
- Review the Means of Verification for project activities, providing regular reports to the MEAL Manager and guidance to Programme staff;
- Work closely with Programme teams, to ensure adherence to information management, reporting and data storage policies and procedures;
- Conduct assessments, research and other M&E activities under the supervision of the MEAL Manager;
- Assist with other MEAL tasks and support other bases as needed.
- Operate the DRC Feedback and Complaints Response Hotline in partnership with the Accountability Officer;
- Develop and maintain a dashboard for monthly reporting on feedback received from beneficiaries;
- Ensure that F-CRM adheres to data protection guidelines and information is stored and managed in a way that supports quick response.
- Ensure all beneficiaries are treated with respect, confidentiality and are provided with informed consent.
- Support in translating information into knowledge through participation in Programme lessons learned activities;
- Support the development of real-time dashboards to view Programme achievements and results from MEAL exercises in a way that supports quick adaptation of programming;
- Promote a culture of shared learning and staff openness and transparency about using past mistakes to improve future programming;
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
- Maintain SharePoint reporting tools and support the development of new workspaces online for Programme and support teams;
- Manage online data collection databases and develop tools in PowerBI (or similar programs) that allow for real time data visualization;
- Work with MEAL staff to regularly audit the information management situation in each of DRC’s bases;
- Work with Protection Information Management Officer to develop and ensure compliance with DRC data protection policies and processes;
- Provide inputs to the MEAL Manager on how information management systems can be improved.
Experience and technical competencies:
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in a relevant position in Information Management and/or Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL)
- Experience working in administration and/or operating phones, receiving complaints and registering them for follow up
- Able to work on a high level with Word, Power Point, Access, and Excel
- Experience in online data systems (like ONA) and/or PowerBI is a strong advantage
- Good analysis and report writing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous experience in an international NGOs and/or institution is a strong advantage
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work and deal successfully in multi-cultural environment
- Committed, honest and eager to learn.
Education: (include certificates, licenses etc.)
- Diploma or relevant vocational training
- Bachelor’s Degree is advantageous but not essential
- English (Fluent)
- Arabic (Fluent)