|Date Posted||August 10, 2022|
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) and Reporting Coordinator
Location: Khartoum, Sudan
Reports To: DCD-Program
Relief International is a leading nonprofit organization working in 20 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty.
Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships, and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation
This role offers an opportunity to work within a leading international NGO partnering with people in vulnerable communities to achieve relief from poverty, build resilience to disasters and emergencies, and promote long‐term dignity and well‐being. The four sectors of focus in which RI will conduct most of its work are (1) education (primary or primary‐secondary transition); (2) health (primary, maternal, nutritional, and the people‐animal‐environment); (3) water, sanitation, and health (WASH); and (4) economic opportunity based on value‐chain analysis, including livelihoods, social entrepreneurship and partnerships. This is a unique opportunity to contribute to work in a region undergoing historic change.
The MEAL and Reporting Coordinator will lead on the country program’s MEAL activities and initiatives, participate in data-driven program design and reporting, and develop and disseminate program outreach and communication materials. The Coordinator will also assist in additional tasks as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Coordinator is expected to have initiative and possess strong writing, editing, and organizational skills. He / she must be attentive to detail.
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL)
- Develop and manage implementation of project M&E systems, including theories of change, logical frameworks, monitoring plans, collection and tracking tools, dashboards, reports, assessments, evaluations, research, and surveys.
- Monitor project activities and tracking these activities against the results framework, including monthly field visits for data validation and to monitor the quality and completeness of data sets.
- Generate monthly indicator reports and tracking progress against key indicators.
- Ensure program quality – capture and document lessons learned; champion the scaling up of best practices. Ensure that M&E data and results continue to inform program strategy by working with program leadership to understand and devise strategies to implement results which maximize program impact.
- Establish and implement a stakeholder Accountability Framework, including accountability to beneficiaries, regular tracking and informing management, and program leads track and address community feedback and complaints.
- Supervisor, manage, and mentor field-level M&E staff. Develop and continue to professionalize M&E staff at all levels internally and in partner organizations to set the standard for excellence in rural data collection.
- Liaise with partners and donors to ensure that M&E data and analysis is responsive to their requests and requirements.
- Contribute to external and internal country reports – including data analysis, writing, coordination, and submission as needed.
- Manage and conduct data collection and assessments for program development activities (i.e. capture planning and proposal development) – including writing, coordination, and submission as needed.
- Develop and oversee a knowledge management and document retention system utilizing Box as a means of institutional memory, program management, and compliance with RI and donor records requirements.
- Act as the country program’s Communications Focal Person; work closely with the global Communications team in profiling the success and works of the Sudan program. Identify and develop case studies, success stories, brochures, fact sheets, newsletters, and other outreach and communication products (which may serve the dual purpose of qualitative M&E outputs) for dissemination including through social media. Maintain RI Sudan social media accounts.
- Provide additional support to RI Sudan programs as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
This position demands a dynamic individual with demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast-paced environment;
- Master’s degree in Arts, Communication, Social or any other relevant degree.
- Minimum of six years’ experience and demonstrated practical skills in M&E of donor-funded development programs, previous experience working in Sudan an advantage.
- Knowledge of regulations of the primary donors within Sudan (USAID, DFID, EU ECHO, UN Agencies, etc.) strongly preferred.
- Experience in managing multiple project portfolio in different regions and context including donor liaison and reporting.
- Good professional knowledge of English, Arabic language abilities are a plus.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, particularly when dealing with national staff and multi-cultural teams.
- Proven initiative and resourcefulness
- Excellent oral communication skills and writing ability
- Demonstrated experience in strategic planning
To apply click on the link below;