The National Democratic Institute is a nonprofit, nonpartisan, nongovernmental organization that has supported democratic institutions and practices in every region of the world for more than three decades. NDI works on five continents with political parties, governments, parliaments and civic groups to establish and strengthen democratic institutions and practices. The Institute uses a multinational approach that reinforces the message that while there is no single democratic model, certain core principles are shared by all democracies. That philosophy has been applied in more than 130 countries since NDI’s founding in 1983.
No. of Post: 1
Duty Station: Khartoum
Closing Date: 09 Oct 2020
The National Democratic Institute office in Sudan seeks a Monitoring and evaluation consultant to manage the development, collection, analysis and the implementation of a baseline assessment for Sudan program.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide technical assistance and oversight in drafting the qualitative sections of the M&E reports
- Develop (in consultation with NDI HQ) tools and protocols to capture relevant qualitative data, which will yield rich qualitative information across each activity
- Orient and train staff on the new qualitative data collection tools, and protocol
- Assist in drafting reports on a weekly, quarterly and annual basis;
- Draft program success stories for submission to the donors.
- Provide assistance on program proposals, including designing relevant activities and developing M&E plans, logical frameworks, and performance monitoring plans.
- Review, analyse, and synthesize qualitative data to ensure logical inferences and conclusions are drawn from the findings
- Triangulate M&E findings with routine program and evaluation data to provide further insight into program effectiveness and identify opportunities for learning
- Generate and disseminate synthesized reports and presentations that are tailored to the intended audience
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
- At least 5 years of experience in international development conducting qualitative research.
- A bachelor's degree in the field of evaluation, international development or a related technical field.
- Technical proficiency in at least one of the following fields: democracy and governance, electoral process, or education
- Strong communication and presentation skills, including an ability to synthesize and explain complex information to stakeholders.
- Experience designing and implementing various types of mixed-methods evaluations (impact, performance, etc.), analyses, and assessments an asset
- Significant data analysis skills including command of statistics, sampling methodologies, statistical analysis software, and data validation techniques
- Extensive experience drafting and finalizing evaluation reports
- Experience managing complex relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Strong familiarity with USAID's Evaluation Policy
- Familiarity with innovative approaches/methodologies, including virtual data collection techniques and best practices, an asset
- Previous work experience in Sudan required
- Superior skills in written and verbal English required
WARNING: Do not to pay any money to get a job. Please report fraudulent jobs to firstname.lastname@example.org