|Date Posted||November 19, 2019|
JTI is a leading international tobacco company with operations in more than 120 countries. We’re the global owner of world-renowned brands such as Winston, the number two cigarette brand in the world, and Camel (outside the US). Our global brands also include Mevius, LD and Natural American Spirit, and we manufacture the internationally recognized Logic e-cigarette brand and Ploom Tech, a major brand in the heated tobacco category.
Headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, we employ over 45’000 people across the globe. We were recently awarded Global Top Employer for the fifth consecutive year with regional Top Employer Certification in Europe, Asia-Pacific, North America, Africa and the Middle East. This is recognition of our outstanding talent strategy, energizing culture and commitment to learning and development.
We are a member of the Japan Tobacco Group of Companies. For more information visit www.jti.com.
Under the leadership of the FD and Cluster Procurement Lead, the incumbent supports the definition and manages the implementation of local procurement strategies by:
- Ensuring a solid understanding of Local and Cluster procurement requirements
- Identifying and implementing Local/Cluster opportunities for consolidation
- Implementing and monitoring cluster/regional applicable category strategies, KPIs, reporting templates and communication procedures
- Leading the local Category Managers to ensure the local/cluster supplier base is optimized and appropriate actions are taken to implement strategies. As well as driving innovation, continuous improvement and synergies.
- Work closely with the Cluster Category Management team and Global Procurement Lead to support the definition of JTI's Indirect Spend Procurement strategy and analyze spend to identify cluster/local procurement opportunities.
- Develop, present and validate the annual Procurement Plan with Cluster Procurement Lead. Ensure it is built in the ASP and implement it to deliver procurement benefits to the region.In factories, local procurement teams being also accountable to drive the procurement of locally sources direct materials, ensure a close cooperation with the GSC Procurement team to follow their guidance and ensure procurement strategy is aligned to their global sourcing plan.
- Be accountable for the delivery of the cluster Procurement KPI's while monitoring achievement of these KPIs by taking corrective actions when necessary.
People Management & Leadership:
- Oversee staff work allocation, training needs, mentoring, performance appraisals and succession planning to develop and motivate them to achieve the targeted productivity and other performance goals (accuracy, timeliness, speed, savings, etc.).
- Lead the development and management of procurement staff in line with JTI and Global Finance mission, values and strategies. Ensure HR KPI's (i.e. turnover, sick leave) are at desired levels to deliver stable core services. Develop a strong team including succession planning and appropriate development roles for potential leaders in Procurement and broader JTI (finance) organization. Develop a pool of talent, ready to staff centralized Procurement teams and corporate initiatives.
Customer Centric organization/Credibility of Target Delivery:
build and maintain a strong business partnership with the local/cluster management teams (FD, Legal, HR, Global Business Service center) by fostering trust through continuous engagement (both quantitative and qualitative). Ensuring top strategic priorities of budget owners are well understood and captured by local procurement teams within the assigned cluster. As well as work in close collaboration with the Regional Procurement Lead to support the improvement of regional planning, measurement and reporting of cost reduction targets.
Ensure all P2P controls/policies/procedures are well understood and deployed by local Procurement teams across the local organization. Develop the internal Procurement assessment plan and ensure execution within the local organization. Review its output and implement corrective actions at an individual Procurement level.
- University degree ( Finance, Business, Engineering)
- At least 3 years managerial role in Procurement / Manufacturing Services / Finance preferably in a multinational company operating in FMCG industry. Experience in managing remote teams in an agile organization. Experience and good understanding of a production environment and market operations. International and local project experience is an asset.
- Have full understanding of Procure to Pay (P2P) processes including spend analysis and contract/supplier management. Proven expertise in leading effective negotiations is required together with:
- Strong proven ability to build and maintain sustainable partnership with internal stakeholders/ business partnering mindset
- Proven leadership skills and people/process/change management
- Financial planning and budgeting
- Effective communication
- Broad knowledge in business information systems and strong computer skills.
As well as offering a highly competitive salary and an attractive benefits package that includes medical and life insurance and subsidized lunches, we’ll provide on-going development that will open a range of local and international career opportunities. You’ll also be attracted by our exciting and diverse culture, innovative technologies and constant quest to do things better.