September 5, 2022
Concern Worldwide is an international humanitarian organization that strives for a world free from poverty, fear, and oppression. We deliver life-saving and life-changing interventions to the world's poorest and most vulnerable people. From rapid emergency response to innovative development programming, we go to the hardest to reach places to make sure that no-one is left behind.
Grade Level: D0 to D5 gross salary rages between 557 USD to 710 USD based on experience
Supervisor: Area Manager, Kadugli
No. of Post: 1
Duty Station: Kadugli - South Kordofan.
Duration: 12 months
Closing Date: 11 Sept 2022
The procurement officer will be responsible for carry out procurement for Concern Worldwide and ensuring that all procurement is in line with Concern procurement procedures, Donor Guidelines and ensures best value for money when sourcing suppliers and services for Concern Worldwide.
The Procurement Officer will be responsible and accountable for the delivery of goods, services and works in Concern Kadugli Office. He/she will execute his/her duties in accordance to Concern Worldwide Policies & Procedures and donor guidelines. He/she will effectively and efficiently support procurement systems, processes and activities to deliver quality programing on time in line with organizational strategy, donor requirements and within allocated budgets.
Duties and responsibilities:
|Documentation & Compliance:
- Ensuring that all Supplies Requests and subsequent documentation are approved in line with the Country Delegation of Authority Matrix. Following the correct solicitation procedure for different procurement thresholds and filing all procurement related documentation.
- Oversea the full procurement process for all supplies and services, ensuring that the procurement processes outlined in Concerns International Procurement Guidelines are followed at all time.
- Ensure that Suppliers Requests (SR’s) are received with full (adequately detailed) specifications of the supplies requested and that all sections of the form are adequately completed.
- Being responsible for preparing all necessary paperwork, requesting quotations, evaluating quotations and putting LPO’s and contracts in place.
- Ensuring that the evaluation and selection criteria of vendors/supplier is appropriately executed and documented as outlined in the international procurement manual.
- Ensuring that the correct and appropriate contract is prepared, reviewed and duly approved upon selection of a vendor/supplier.
- Ensure that all procurement requests are processed efficiently and timely.
- Demonstrate full knowledge of the supplier market.
- Ensure that no unnecessary delays occur during the process of requesting quotations, during the evaluation process or when putting in place a Purchase Order or Contract.
- Provide punctual feedback to budget holders whenever there might be delays at any point during a procurement process.
- Oversee the collection and receipt of goods from the suppliers, ensuring that the goods are of the required specifications.
- Maintain an up to date approved suppliers list.
- Oversee the routine pre-qualification exercises, ensuring that the full process is followed in accordance with the procurement guidelines.
- Prepare tender dossiers to an appropriate standard prior to adverting tenders.
- Efficient management of all documentation and paper trails in the Concern Procurement System.
- Coordinate the import process and paperwork for items imported by Concern.
- Brief new staff on the procurement process within Concern Worldwide Sudan.
- Periodically provide additional training to staff on procurement procedures.
- Implementing any outstanding logistics related audit recommendations in liaison with the roving systems coordinator.
Reporting& Records Management
Ensure that all procurement records are properly kept and all reports submitted in a timely manner by:
- Maintain an up to date Suppliers Request (SR) tracking sheet at all times and send to all budget holders on a weekly basis.
- Maintaining a filing system in line with Concern procurement procedures.
- Maintaining all Procurement files (both hard and electronic copies) in an organized, accurate and up to date manner. (This includes all Purchase Orders, Contracts, and Agreements etc.)
- Ensuring that all documentation and correspondences arising out of any procurement related transaction is appropriately documented and incorporated in the corresponding procurement file.
- Maintaining and regularly updating supplier database and carry out Market Surveys as directed by roving systems coordinator or the Khartoum based logistic coordinator.
Internal & External Business Partnerships:
Ensure that the procurement function works better together with both internal and external stakeholders by:
- Assisting requestors to outline correct item specifications when making supplies request.
- Liaising with the Transport & Warehouse Officer on the procurement pipeline and anticipate dates for receiving commodities.
- Liaising with the Government and Liaisons Officer for HAC approvals relating to Tender advertisements.
- Proactively sharing information with requestors on status of their supplies requests and ensuring that procurement lead times are adhered to across all thresholds.
- Timely and promptly arranging for Procurement Committee Meetings (as and when required).
- Working closely with Program Experts for Technical advice when procuring specialized commodities, services or works.
- In collaboration with the Logistics Manager, support programing teams in the development and close monitoring of procurement plans.
- Preparing accurate and complete Payment Requests (with all supporting documents) and onward submission to Finance Dept. upon System Director’s review and approval.
- Constantly coordinating & liaising with other support functions (HR, Admin, and Finance) to effectively provide support to program implementation.
- Managing procurement related external communications with vendors/suppliers in liaison with the Logistics Coordinator and roving Systems Coordinator.
- Actively participate in collective exercises such as preparation or updates of Preparing for Effective Emergency Response (PEER) plan, Security Management Plan (SMP) and other Concern initiatives.
- Take active measures to address equality issues, particularly relating to gender, in program as well as operational activities.
- Ensure the highest stands of accountability through ensuring good communication and information sharing within and outside the organization.
- Be aware of, understand and comply with all of Concern’s policies and procedures (Code of Conduct and its associated policies, finance, logistics, HR, security management etc.).
- Contribute to ongoing security management and planning as necessary.
- Actively participate in any emergency response if called upon to do so (within the existing program area or in a new one)
- Follow up and Support the procurements for items procured in Khartoum.
- Assist the Area Manager in conducting special tasks/assignments that may not be related to procurement as and when directed.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner that will not bring disrepute to Concern Worldwide or conduct that may jeopardize Concern’s humanitarian mission.
- Undertake other related duties as may reasonably be assigned by the Area Manager and roving systems Coordinator.
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Procurement, Logistics, Administration or related field with demonstrated experience in Procurement and (or) Administration in Sudan.
- At least three (3) years of progressive experience with at least two (2) years’ experience with an International NGO in Procurement.
- Demonstrated working knowledge and understanding of the Procurement Cycle.
- Strong computer skills in Word and Excel
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to relate well with colleagues across all hierarchy levels
- Strong Communication (both oral & written) and negotiations skills
- Fluency in English, knowledge of Arabic is an asset.
- Willingness to undertake regular field visits and interact with different stakeholders, especially primary stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, facilitation skills and writing skills.
- High level of discretion and sensitivity when dealing with confidential matters.
• Good in English Language.
Concern is committed to responding to emergencies efficiently and effectively in order to help affected people meet their basic needs, alleviate suffering and maintain their dignity. To this end, when emergencies strike and Sudan Programme is to respond, all staff are required to actively participate in the response, regardless of location and contribute to the efforts aimed at achieving the humanitarian objective of the organization.
Concern Code of Conduct and its Associated Policies.
Concern has an organisational Code of Conduct (CCoC) with three Associated Policies; the Programme Participant Protection Policy (P4), the Child Safeguarding Policy and the Anti-Trafficking in Persons Policy. These have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants from exploitation, and to clarify the responsibilities of Concern staff, consultants, visitors to the programme and partner organisation, and the standards of behavior expected of them. In this context, staff have a responsibility to the organisation to strive for, and maintain, the highest standards in the day-to-day conduct in their workplace in accordance with Concern’s
Core values and mission. Any candidate offered a job with Concern Worldwide will be expected to sign the Concern Staff Code of Conduct and Associated Policies as an appendix to their contract of employment. By signing the Concern Code of Conduct, candidates acknowledge that they have understood the content of both the Concern Code of Conduct and the Associated Policies and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these policies
Please submit a cover letter , CV detailing your experience skills and qualifications, your experience and educational certificates, ID, Birth Certificate, National Number, Contact details for two professional references to Sudan Job Website.
WARNING: Do not to pay any money to get a job. Please report fraudulent jobs to email@example.com