|Date Posted||August 9, 2022|
Freedom House is seeking a Program Officer, Subgrants to manage the development and implementation of sub-grant projects in Sudan. Freedom House’s Sudan program seeks to promote human rights, sustain the energy of emerging elements of Sudanese civil society and strengthen civic capabilities to influence existing and future political processes. The Program Officer is responsible for ensuring that sub-grant programs are implemented as planned, program deliverables are of good quality, and all sub-grant-related compliance procedures are adhered to. The officer is also responsible for providing regular coaching and mentoring to civil society partners to ensure smooth implementation and quality results are achieved. The position is based in Khartoum, Sudan and reports to the Country Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follow up with sub-grant implementation and maintain regular communications with partners to ensure compliance with programmatic objectives, financial obligations, and reporting requirements according to grant agreement.
- Compile monthly progress reports including implementation status of each sub-grant Program as per the agreed upon deliverables, implementation challenges reported by partners, actions taken to overcome these challenges, coaching and mentoring provided, and any learning or success achieved.
- Review and verify sub-grant deliverables and reports submitted by partners and ensure compliance with FH sub-grant requirements.
- Assist FH Sudan Technical Advisor in identifying potential civil society partners, reviewing applications for sub-grants, and assessment and ranking of sub-grant applications.
- Assist Finance Manager in completing the due diligence documentation for approved sub-grant applications.
- Develop, maintain, and regularly update the sub-grant tracking sheet, and provide analysis to inform program management.
- Other duties as assigned by the Country Director.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, political science, law, or social science related field.
- Minimum 4 – 6 years of experience with grants management and implementation.
- Strong ability to communicate effectively in English and Arabic, both verbally and in writing.
- Mastery of MS Office Suite, specifically Excel and Word,
- Prior experience working with NGO in program development and implementation.
- Prior experience working with the compliance aspect of sub-grant programs.
- Experience mentoring local organizations to build their program development and implementation capacity strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of USG compliance and reporting requirements.
- Ability to effectively write reports, maintain documentation, and complete required forms.
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality regarding all aspects of work at all times.
- General working office environment in Khartoum, Sudan;
- Some evening and weekend hours to complete tasks;
- Travel within Sudan outside of Khartoum;
- Exposed to outside weather conditions when required to complete assigned tasks outside the office;
- May involve work in regions that are remote and lack basic modern infrastructure, and in regions under U.S. travel advisory due to threats of terrorist attacks, civil unrest, kidnappings, disease outbreaks, etc.
Disclaimer: This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job. It is not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder may differ from those outlined in the job description and that other duties, as assigned, may be part of the job. Freedom House may add, change, or remove essential and other duties at any time.
Qualified and Interested Applicants
We invite qualified candidates to complete an online application and submit a resume, and cover letter with desired salary, through Freedom House’s portal by August 31st, 2022.
Candidate cover letters should specifically address how their previous experience relates to the duties and qualifications listed above.
Only candidates who respond to these as well as the salary requirements will be considered for the position. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
This vacancy is open to those candidates with relevant permits to work in Sudan.