El Obeid, Sudan
May 24, 2022
Health Management Information unit is one of the Sudan Federal Ministry of Health directorates (FMOH) that aims to:
Build a sustainable, integrated and effective system for statistical information and data that contributes to providing information for planning purposes.
Develop policies, guidelines, specifications and standards for the statistical system, to ensure the quality of health information.
Providing medical records, statistical charts, records of births and deaths, with their books, according to the specified specifications
<>·Develop a scientific framework for following up and evaluating the implementation of health plans and programs, the performance of the health system, and the indicators required for that.
Develop the policies and systems required for the use of communication technology in the health field and the information system
publishing periodic reports related to health statistics and health system performance and setting guidelines for this.
Building capacities in the field of statistics and health information and developing curricula and programs to achieve this.
Coordination with the relevant authorities in conducting or participating in health surveys.
The DHIS2 project is one of the biggest project related to health information that is undergone by the FMOH, it is a tool for collection, validation, analysis and presentation of aggregate statistical data, tailored to integrate health information management activities. DHIS2 is a modular based software package built with free and open source java frame work with interoperability between users and program. In Sudan the DHIS2 was 1st introduced in September 2014 but it was officially launched in April 2016 with varying degrees of reporting from different states and localities. Since then, a lot of efforts have been made to improve the coverage of the reporting rate through DHIS2.
Job Purpose/ Summary:
Under the direct supervision of HMIS manager and DHIS2 units, the incumbent will provide technical and operational support mainly in the below mentioned areas:
- Improving the HMIS directorate capacity to produce and disseminate information on routine basis, and in achieving their objectives and plans by providing technical support, technical advice.
- Revising and standardizing data elements and indicators.
- Customizing DHIS2 system and insure inclusion of all program modules identified by FMoH.
- Supporting the integration between dhis2 system with other systems as; LMIS
Strengthening and improving the capacity of DHIS2 core team
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assist the Directorate of Health Management Information System and M&E in achieving the objectives and plans by providing technical support, technical advice and development of the capacities of their workers.
- Participation in planning and preparation of work plan and activities.
- Work closely with systems analysts, systems administrator and program managers and M&E staff to translate user requirements into detailed DHIS-2 and DHIS-2 inter-operable modules product specifications.
- Works with IT staff to ensure hardware, software and security details of the systems work together to support the data structures, use and successful data retrieval.
- Continuously analyze data collection and management systems, as well as content quality, identify gaps and problems, and suggest solutions;
- Participation in the implementation of various plans and activities related to the department and administration.
- Contributing to the preparation, management and updating of the electronic information system (DHIS2) including data collection tools.
- Contributing to data quality exercise.
- provide training for end-users on new modules and new configurations added in the DHIS2
- Contributing to civil registration and vital statistics work.
- Any other related tasks as needed.
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
- Master degree in statistics or information technology
Skills and Experience :
- Experience in health statistics and health information system not less than 7 years, preferably with practical experience in health facilities.
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation and measurement of indicators
- Experience in designing, programming, using and managing the electronic information system (DHIS).
- Good in using databases and analysis software’s.
- Knowledge of financial and program management techniques.
- Skills in writing effectively to document project and work progress and effective business commutations.
- Skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with different stake holders.
- background / experience on the preparation and management of electronic websites.
- Good communication skills and teamwork, teaching and learning, working in difficult circumstances and meeting the requirements under work pressure.
- Good Arabic and English (writing, reading and communication).
Job & Other Relations :
Internal Job Relations :
- FMOH- IT unit
- FMOH- DHIS2 unit
- FMOH-Statistic unit
External Job Relations :
- Global Fund- Project Management Unit
- National Medical Supplies Fund (NMSF)
- National Health Insurance Fund (NHIF)
- National Information Center (NIC)
WARNING: Do not to pay any money to get a job. Please report fraudulent jobs to firstname.lastname@example.org