|Date Posted||July 29, 2020|
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children's rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it's girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children's rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for - and respond to - crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Plan International Bénin (PIB) is launching an internal and external call for applications, on behalf of its national office based in Cotonou, to fill the position of “ Project Coordinator” .
- ABOUT PLAN INTERNATIONAL BENIN
Plan International Bénin is an international humanitarian NGO for child-centered community development, without any religious, political or governmental affiliation. Sponsorship of children is the foundation of the organization.
Plan's vision is that of a world where all children realize their full potential in societies that respect the rights and dignity of individuals.
Plan International's mission is to make lasting improvements in the quality of life of disadvantaged children in developing countries, through a process that unites people of different cultures and gives meaning and value to their lives.
The protection and promotion of children's rights is Plan International's priority. Plan is an Organization that advocates equal access to employment and is committed to child protection, gender equality and equity and our recruitment procedures reflect these values.
- JOB CLASSIFICATION: Category D1
III MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reports to Program
Director of Plan International France Program
Director of Plan International Benin
Cotonou location with regular mission to Natitingou and other localities in Benin.
Mission of the position
The Project Coordinator coordinates the implementation of projects financed by Plan International France in Benin, Togo, Guinea and Cameroon in support of the respective project coordinators. Its main tasks will be:
- ensure that projects are implemented on time and with the necessary quality, and that donor requirements are met;
- He / She participates in the local recruitment process for projects financed by Plan International France and ensures the quality of the dialogue between Plan International France project staff and field teams;
- He / She provides technical support to the respective project coordinators according to the issues observed;
- He / She facilitates the development and implementation of relevant planning, reporting and evaluation systems, procedures and processes, in accordance with organizational requirements and in line with the local context;
- He / She follows and reports the progress of projects in accordance with the requirements of Plan International France and donors;
- He / She ensures that the teams have the necessary capacities to develop projects on a regular basis.
IV - Location and duration of the position
Location : Cotonou
Duration : 1 year
V - MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the responsibility of the Program Director for France and the Program Director for Benin, the Project Coordinator's mission is to contribute to the definition of Global strategic orientations by highlighting the following actions:
- Follows a project portfolio funded by Plan International France and promotes synergies between projects
- Works in collaboration with the programmatic teams of Plan International Benin and Plan International France for a good achievement of the objectives
- Provides technical expertise to the programmatic teams of the various projects in planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of projects
- Ensures the good start of projects: supports teams at the start of a new project and the recruitment of the project team
- Supports ongoing training of programmatic teams to ensure a good level of expertise in accordance with organizational and donor requirements of projects
- Ensures regular and quality reporting to donors and Plan International France
- Track expenses and resources allocated to projects in collaboration with the finance team
- Manage evaluations in collaboration with Plan International France and local teams
- Documents good practices and lessons learned
- RESEARCH PROFILE, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• University degree in project management, social sciences, education or international development;
• At least 3 years of experience in project management and funding management;
• Experience in coordination with several stakeholders;
• Good problem solving skills;
• Capacities in strategic planning and innovation;
• Ability to achieve expected results and exceed expectations;
• Ability to work in a team and independently;
• Ability to work in a multicultural environment;
• Committed to sharing the values of Plan International;
• Good knowledge of the Office Pack;
VIII - Behaviors
- Work for a meaningful and lasting impact on the lives of children and young people and to achieve equality for girls;
- Commit to being courageous, daring, responsive, precise and innovative;
- Be open and accountable;
- Share the work culture together or as a team;
- Be inclusive and act to strengthen the most vulnerable.
IX - Documents to be provided
Candidates interested in this post must provide the following documents:
- A signed letter of motivation addressed to the Resident Representative of Plan International Benin;
- A detailed curriculum vitae signed with the contacts of three referents;
- Copies of diplomas;
- Copies of proof of professional experience;
Adequate and secure working environment, Based in Cotonou with frequent trips to Natitingou (40% of the time)
LEVEL OF CONTACT WITH CHILDREN AND SAFEGUARDING OF CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLE
Medium : This position requires little contact with children.
THE VALUES OF PLAN INTERNATIONAL
We work for a lasting impact
- I formulate a clear goal for the staff and set high expectations.
- I create a climate of continuous improvement, I am open to challenges and new ideas.
- I focus on resources to drive change and maximize long-term impact, in response to changing priorities or crises.
- I use evidence to assess effectiveness.
We are open and accountable
- I promote a culture of openness and transparency, including with sponsors and donors.
- I work responsibly to achieve the highest standards with integrity.
- I am consistent and fair in treating people.
- I admit and accept to learn from my mistakes.
- I make sure we are a safe organization for all children, girls and youth
We work well together
- I seek constructive results, listen to others, accept to compromise when appropriate.
- I build constructive relationships through Plan International to support our common goals.
- I develop trusting and “win-win” relationships with funders, partners and communities.
- I engage and work well with others outside of the organization to build a better world for girls and all children.
We are inclusive and empower the most vulnerable
- I practice and promote a culture of openness and transparency within my team and beyond, including with our sponsors and donors.
- I and my staff are accountable for upholding the highest standards of integrity, especially in our use of resources.
- I show consistency and fairness in the way I treat others.
- I am committed to accepting mistakes, learning from them and promoting this learning attitude to others.
- Application Procedures :
Anyone wishing to apply for this position can send their application via the links shared for this purpose no later than August 07, 2020 .
The application file will include:
- A letter of motivation addressed to the Resident Representative of Plan International Benin;
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae mentioning: last name, first names, date of birth, academic profile, number of years of experience in the field, training as well as experience acquired in general ... as well as four (04) contacts of professional references (former and / or current Employers / Supervisors) during the last five (05) years.
- Copies of diplomas and proof of experience.
Plan International Benin is convinced that the diversity of its staff contributes to excellence, it encourages applications from women.
NB : Only people whose applications are received and pre-selected will be contacted (by phone and or by email) for the rest of the process of this Recruitment.
Type of Role:
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as an organization, do everything we can to keep children safe. This means that we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with and we must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.
A range of pre-employment checks will be undertaken in conformity with Plan International's Safeguarding Children and Young People policy. Plan International also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this scheme we will request information from applicants previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and / or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his / her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the very heart of everything that Plan International stands for. Our organization is based on a culture of inclusivity and we strive to create a workplace environment that ensures every team, in every office, in every country, is rich in diverse people, thoughts, and ideas.
We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds. We foster an organizational culture that embraces and exemplifies our commitment to gender equality, girls' rights and inclusion while supporting staff to adopt good practice, positive attitudes and principles of gender equality and inclusion.