|Date Posted||April 8, 2021|
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity & gender balance and encourage qualified female candidates to apply.
Would you like to join WFP Sudan's security team and enable the delivery of security-related services that support WFP to deliver life-changing services? Are you ready to partner with managers and other stakeholders to deliver effective security management that will change and save the lives of the most vulnerable people in Sudan? If yes, this opportunity is for you.
At WFP, we are looking for experienced
Security Assistants, to join our Security teams in
Kassala (FTA-G5), El Fula (FTA-G5), Kabkabiya (FTA-G5), Kutum (FTA-G5), Mukjar (FTA-G5) and
Gedaref (SC5) to be hired on a
Fixed Term or Service Contract as indicated on the duty stations.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world
achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WFP Sudan has the potential to reach millions of food-insecure people across Sudan - with a total of 7.8 million people assisted in 2020. WFP Sudan, one of the largest and complex operations for WFP globally, is currently rolling out its five-year Country Strategic Plan (2019-2023), which aims to provide emergency assistance through a hybrid approach (Cash, food and vouchers), along with life-changing types of programmes (Nutrition, Resilience and School Feeding).
To perform a range of specialised and process-oriented responsibilities related to security operations including monitoring and maintaining security equipment in line with established procedures.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Assist in reviewing security threats and risks, compile accurate reports on trends and situations that could adversely impact WFP operations to ensure information is accurately collated to support reporting and decision-making.
- Review security-related information (e.g. security incidents and events, security support to daily activities, etc.) and use corporate or local information management tools to provide basic analyses and reports to ensure information is readily available for relevant stakeholders.
- Liaise and coordinate with local administration, security and law enforcement authorities, communities, UN/NGO security staff and other actors to facilitate access for safe programme delivery and to mitigate potential risks against staff and other resources.
- Assist in planning, coordinating, preparing and conducting field missions including tracking of staff, and perform regular security assessments in the area of responsibility to support safe and effective programme delivery.
- Prepare detailed security assessment reports after field missions with risk mitigation recommendations to support security situation analysis and facilitate decision-making.
- Assist in the formulation of advice to Country Director on security risk management matters and safety issues in compliance with the United Nations Security Management System (UNSMS).
- Assist in implementation of all security risk management mitigating measures, including Minimum Operational Security Standards (MOSS) to ensure compliance.
- Assist in management and maintenance of security equipment and identify new requirements to strengthen technology capacity in line with business requirements.
- Assist in monitoring that all access control procedures are effective and stringently followed by all staff and visitors to ensure accountability and maintenance of safe and secure environment.
- Contribute to the development and update of emergency and contingency planning documentation including physical preparations and procedures to support preparedness for a crisis.
- Assist in identification of security training needs to support training planning and implementation to address staff development needs.
- Supervise and provide on-the-job training to other staff supporting their development and high performance.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate related to security training is desirable.
Experience: At least 4 years of experience providing support of an administrative nature especially in a security related function.
Language: Fluency in English and Arabic
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Has applied knowledge of security operations technical processes which must be adhered to in day to day work
- Has supported security operations efforts as directed
- Has supported in providing ad-hoc technical guidance to staff members
HOW TO APPLY
- To apply, please create a personal account and fill out the profile form with your personal information at http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings . If you are an internal applicant, apply through your E-Recruitment profile.
- In the application form, ensure filling the mandatory sections, attaching your up-to-date CV, answering the pre-screening questions and agreeing on the legal statement before submitting your application.
- Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis on account of potential and performance. All applicants will undergo a rigorous process which includes screening against job requirements, a technical test, and a panel interview.
WFP ENCOURAGES FEMALE CANDIDATES TO APPLY:
We look for applicants with the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian values. We commit to promote diversity, gender parity and equality between men and women.
WFP strives to build a work environment that is safe and respectful, and free of sexual harassment and abuse of authority. We believe in open communication, and every individual at WFP is treated with respect regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, religious and political beliefs, etc.
In this pursuit, WFP assists women to balance work exigencies with personal and family responsibilities by providing an attractive compensation package, including fully paid maternity leave for 16 weeks, breastfeeding time off, and the possibility to avail of flexible working arrangements. Also, we endeavor to provide our staff, women, and men, with training and professional career development.
Closing date: 20 April 2021
- Female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
- WFP has zero-tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
- This position is open ONLY to Sudanese nationals or those authorized to live and work in Sudan according to Sudanese regulations. Applicants who do not meet this criterion will not be considered for this position.
- WFP does not charge any fees at any stage of its recruitment process.
- Applicants should state the duty stations they are interested in while completing their cover letters.
- CANDIDATES ARE ADVISED TO ATTACH BOTH A COVER LETTER AND AN UPDATED CV OR UNP11 FORM. PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOUR CV OR P11 IS