|Location||Khashm el Girba, Sudan|
|Date Posted||April 8, 2021|
ob ID: Senior Field Assistant
Location: Khashm El Girba, Sudan
Salary Grade: G5
Hardship Level: E
Family Location Type: Non-Family
This position is advertised open to internal and external applicants.
Procedures and Eligibility
Interested applicants should consult the Administrative Instruction on Recruitment and Assignment of Locally Recruited Staff (RALS).
Duties and Qualifications
Senior Field Assistant
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships
The Senior Field Assistant is normally supervised by the (Senior) Field Officer/Associate and performs a variety of functions related to Field activities within the office. The supervisor defines work processes and provides regular advice and guidance.
The incumbent keeps frequent internal contacts with staff members in the same duty station to exchange information and with the external contacts generally with officials of national and international institutions, leaders of the refugee community, local population and/or Implementing Partners (IPs) on routine subject matters under the direction of the supervisor.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCRs core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
- Assist in monitoring the implementation of UNHCR programme including the delivery of all assistance items and monitoring of infrastructure.
- Assist in administrative tasks as required such as preparation of reports and meeting authorized personnel and assisting them during field missions.
- Act as interpreter in the exchange of routine information, contribute to related liaison activities and respond directly to routine queries.
- Collect data and other information relevant to UNHCR and report to the supervisor accordingly.
- Keep regular contacts with local authorities and implementing partners as requested by supervisor.
- In coordination with implementing partners, assist in the reception, registration and provision of assistance to persons of concern to UNHCR.
- Follow up, on a regular basis, the overall situation of persons of concern in camps and other areas where they have been accommodated and report accordingly.
- Liaise with local authority counterparts, partners and populations of concern.
- Direct incidents and problems to the supervisor when they cannot be resolved at their level.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
- Years of Experience / Degree Level
- G5 - 2 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 1 year relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
- Field(s) of Education
- Not applicable
- Certificates and/or Licenses
- Business Administration Law Political Science (Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk are essential)
Relevant Job Experience
- Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position.
- IT- Computer Literacy
- MS-Drafting, Documentation, Data Presentation
- CL-Multi-stakeholder Communications with Partners (Functional Skills marked with an asterisk are essential)
For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
This is a Standard Job Description for all UNHCR jobs with this job title and grade level. The Operational Context may contain additional essential and/or desirable qualifications relating to the specific operation and/or position. Any such requirements are incorporated by reference in this Job Description and will be considered for the screening, shortlisting and selection of candidates.
The closed date is 20 April 2021.