December 2, 2021
Duties and responsibilities:
To be successful in this role we expect you to :
- Supporting as part of the team in the design, setup and implementation of the project, including drainage, infrastructure and shelter designs.
- Supporting in the smooth transport and oversight of materials to the sites of distribution;
- Daily update and management of data-gathering and tracking tools used to monitor the project;
- Supporting community focus group discussions pertaining to the project in partnership and/or consultation with Site Management Support and Protection teams.
- Supporting the distribution of cash to workers, and with the Project Manager design and administer the monitoring of cash distribution;
- Supporting the registration of project participants;
- Strong adherence to safety and security protocols at all times, and along with Code of Conduct – dedication to reporting suspected contraventions;
- Ensure DRC Code of Conduct is understood, acknowledged in writing, and followed by the project staff and all volunteer labour, and infractions are reported in an appropriate and timely manner;
- Any other duties as assigned by line manager.
- Ensure that quality and acurate reports and supporting documentation on program activities related to the provision of Shelter and Infrastructure assistance, are submitted timely to the Shelter and Infrastructure ManagerTo this end, ensure that both the hard and soft copies of all activity reports are archived on the server and/or uploaded onto online platforms for information management.
- Ensure that all information or data shared is done so in a manner that upholds the principle of data protection and
Representation and coordination
- Supporting the development of positive relationships with beneficiaries, local communities, local authorities, humanitarian partners, service providers etc. in order to maintain trust in DRC’s professional standard and quality of work among all stakeholders.
- Ensure that all interactions with individual beneficiaries take place in an environment and in a way that respect and promotes their safety, trust and dignity. Ensure that all interactions with other stakeholders such as community members and service providers are conducted in accordance to the principles of respect, confidentiality and collaboration.
the effective implementation of support activities related to the effective implementation of the program, including in terms of logistics, administration, human resources, finance and security. In all matters, comply with internal directive and policies as communicated by the Shelter and Infrastructure Manager.
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
- At least graduated 12th, university degree in related subject is desirable.
- Minimum 1 years’ relevant experience within a humanitarian organization in infrastructure, engineering, or WASH infrastructure.
- Good knowledge of the area
- Good experience of working directly with Sudanese and Ethiopian communities and local authorities
- Good communications skills; experience with dealing with Communities; good written and spoken Arabic
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to our values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
- We offer
Contract length: 6 months
Designation of Duty Station: Gedaref, Sudan
Start date: Immediate
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications:14 December 2021
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
- Professionalism, impact & expertise
- Humanitarian approach & the work we do
- Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
- Culture, values & strong leadership
- Fair compensation & continuous development
DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process.
WARNING: Do not to pay any money to get a job. Please report fraudulent jobs to email@example.com