|Location||El Obied - NK, Sudan|
|Date Posted||October 27, 2020|
Save the Children is the world's leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children's lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential. We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises. Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office
Level 3 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people.
COMPETENCIES FOR THIS ROLE:
Takes personal responsibility and holds others accountable for delivering our ambitious goals for children, continually improving own performance or that of the team/ organisation.
Applies the required technical and professional expertise to the highest standards; promotes and shares best practice within and outside the organisation.
Duties and responsibilities:
The SHF Project Manager’s main role is to coordinate, lead and manage the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of a high quality and innovative implementation of Health & Nutrition Projects in an integrated manner to deliver an immediate and lasting change for children and their families. The post holder will have some contacts with members, partners and other departments of the Country office programme to ensure a smooth management of project. Oversee start-up activities, recruitment of local sectoral staff in collaboration with the Admin & HR Manager, draft reports, initiate budgets and establish and maintain management systems for funded programs/projects
Programme Management and Integration
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
· Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
· Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
· Creates a managerial environment across the Region to lead, enable and maintain our culture of child and adult safeguarding
Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
Total Work Experience (In Yrs):
Sector Experience (In Yrs):
· Good Organizational Skills
· Capacity to relate with other stakeholders
· Good knowledge of the area of intervention
· Skills related to participatory research methods, and computer literacy,
· Ability and willingness to travel extensively to the field, under sometimes difficult and occasionally insecure circumstances.
· Communication skills to operate with a multinational and multilingual team.
Good English (speaking and writing) is essential
Females are strongly encouraged to apply for this post.
Application, full CV, copy of qualifications and experience certificates should be submit directly to www.sudanjob.net Only short listed candidates will be contacted for written test and interviews. All inquiries should be addressed directly Save the Children international - Sudan. Closing date will be on day: 05/Nov /2020. Any application after this date will not be considred.
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents. SCI will be undertaking child-safeguarding checks for all candidates. Selected candidate will asked to provide police checking prior to signing contract.