|Date Posted||April 17, 2021|
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) and Danish Demining Group (DDG) is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-profit organization founded in 1956 that works in more than 30 countries throughout the world, including Sudan. DRC/DDG fulfils its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations, including refugees, internally displaced people and host communities. Under its mandate, the organization focuses on emergency humanitarian response, rehabilitation, post-conflict recovery and humanitarian mine-action.
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) has been operational in Sudan since 2004, focusing primarily on the conflict in Darfur. DRC devoted, on the basis of humanitarian principles to securing the Protection of refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs), and to promoting long term solutions to the problems of forced displacement. DRC works in the context of conflict-induced displacement of populations and in return and reintegration situations
Overall purpose of the role:
Supervision of the daily activities of the case management interventions with a focus on survivors of gender-based violence.Duties and responsibilities:
Case management service provision
- With support of Team Leader and Program Manager, design and deliver specific GBV prevention interventions
- Provide general protection case management services in compliance with best-practice and international standards in protection response (including DRC case management SOP’s) including assessment of need, development of case plan and referral/facilitation of access to services, follow-up, and case closure.
- Ensure and oversee that specialised needs, including Child Protection Case Management, are referred to specialized service providers, and that at all times caseworkers are safeguarding the safety and respect of the survivor, in addition to the confidentiality of his/her information and his/her right to access services without any discrimination.
- At all times safeguard the safety and respect of the individual, in addition to the confidentiality of his/her information and his/her right to access services without any discrimination.
- Run weekly case review meetings with the Case Management Assistants to ensure adherence to standards of care and quality case management
- Create plan for Case Management team to complete the targets and any related budget spend within the program period. Follow up with Case Management Assistants to ensure work is completed on time and in line with the target and budget plan.
- Answer Case Management Assistant’s technical case management questions or relay technical questions to the Program Manager.
- Act as Case Management Team Focal point for Team Leader and Program Manager.
Monitoring and reporting
- Produce reports as required by the Team Leader or Program Manager (including potential weekly reports)
- Accurately update the protection case management database ensuing adherence to data protection protocols as well as ensure accuracy of the database
- Maintain complete, accurate, and confidential case files to document client interactions and interventions using DRC tools, ensuring adherence to data protection protocols. Follow up with Case Management assistants to ensure all paperwork is properly filed in adherence with data protection and DRC protocols.
- Participate in weekly and monthly work planning as directed by Team Leader and Program Manager.
- Support the implementation of monitoring and evaluation tools and report on issues in the implementation of the program
- Lead the assistance in data analysis of case management data in a safe and ethical manner.
Coordination and representation:
- Collaborate with other DRC sectors and NGOs to ensure a coordinated and collaborative response to the provision of services and assistance for those benefiting from case management
- Maintain effective working relationship with relevant stakeholders including partner agencies, community leaders and service providers
- Advocate for the needs of vulnerable and at-risk individuals both internally and through coordination mechanisms through evidence-based advocacy
- Lead continuous updating of referral pathways and service mapping and follow up with Assistants regarding coordination with new actors.
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
- Maintain positive work relationship within the team, and promote team-building efforts in coordination with case management Assistants, Team Leader, and Program Manager.
- Ensure respect of DRC Code of Conduct
- Participate in training and coaching as required on case management process, the relevant SOPs and the data filing and storing procedures.
- Any other duties relating to the nature of the job as directed by the Team Leader or Program Manager
Experience and technical competencies: (include years of experience)
- 2-3 years of experience in protection case work, preferable with a focus on GBV.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, respect, non-discrimination and safety of client at all times;
- Strong understanding of basic counseling and psychosocial support concepts; previous training in these areas strongly preferred
- Ability to discuss sensitive issues with respect and empathy
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity and flexibility
- Strong ability to organize work, meet deadlines, maintain composure, work independently, prioritize work under pressure, coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail
- Flexibility in working overtime and in challenging environments
- Willing to collaborate with and support people from different ethnic groups and different religions
- Demonstrated interest in humanitarian work and supporting people effected by conflict and displacement
Education: (include certificates, licenses etc.)
- Bachelor/Degree in Social work, Counseling, psychology or other related field (Or relevant work experience)
- Previous experience in international organizations
- Previous experience providing case management services
- Previous experience providing counselling and/or psychosocial support services
- Experience with excel and database management
Languages: (indicate fluency level)
- Ability to communicate and write clearly in English
- Tigrinya language skills desirable