November 29, 2021
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today work in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
Duties and responsibilities:
Main Purpose of Job:
The Supply Chain Officer holds primary responsibility to monitoring and coordination functions including warehousing, Asset and maintenance and procurement. Monitor and coordinate vehicle movement and maintenance, reporting any incidents immediately to the Supply Chain Coordinator and carry out various supply chain functions.
- Work with Supply Chain Manager and Coordinator and Program Managers to design a suitably staffed and equipped transport function to support the IRC’s vehicle operations and policies.
- Implement and direct IRC standard policies and procedures, with particular attention to safety and security issues.
- Advise Supply Chain Manager and Coordinator and liaise with IRC Program Managers on vehicle requirements and issues.
- Manage and be accountable for the vehicle fleet, ordering and inventory management of all vehicles related parts and consumables, including fuel.
- Evaluate, manage, and monitor drivers.
- Ensure that appropriate communications equipment is installed and functioning in IRC vehicles to meet the operational and security requirements.
- Ensure that all vehicles carry the required on-board documentation and that all documents are kept current (including insurance).
- Ensure that all vehicles are maintained in efficient manner. Schedule timely and regular preventive maintenance of all vehicles and Generators.
- Ensure that regular meeting is taking place with the drivers and reports any concerns to Supervisor.
- Compile the drivers’ duty roster and work schedule·
- Coordinate with admin to ensure mail is distributed by drivers to the correct recipients.
- Ensure that all drivers are in possession of driver's valid licenses and that all vehicles are insured.
- Assist in the recruitment and training and induction of drivers.
- Set up and implement a weekly movement plan.
Inventory Management (Warehousing and Asset)
- Advise supply Chain Manager and Program managers on the potential inventory shortages, warehouse specific issues or improvements.
- Implement and ensure clear loading/offloading procedures, correct stacking, and turnover (FIFO) procedures.
- Organize shipment of the program materials to the Program site.
- Maintain proper tracking of all the IRC assets present in Khartoum and other field sites.
- Manage stock quipping records including Asset issue form, asset register and tags.
- Ensure basic warehousing support documentations are followed.
- Follow all IRC and donor purchasing procedures and regulations, ensuring all PRs are correctly filled in with all the required information.
- Ensure all procurements are fully and accurately documented, which leads to easy tracing of procurement records.
- Continuously inform the program staff of the progress and constraints in the procurement process and develop solutions in consultation with Head of Office.
- Ensuring that all procurement is done at the best value possible, while maintaining the quality of the product.
- That procurement is done in the most transparent and cost-effective way possible.
- Ensure all procurement activities are fully and transparently documented through PRs, POs, RFQs, Comparative Statements, Bid Analysis, Invoices and Delivery Reports.
- Initiate Invitations to Bids and collect quotations from suppliers as necessary and when necessary.
- Coordinate with Finance Officer for the supplies and making sure suppliers are paid effectively.
- Maintain efficient systems for purchase requisitions, orders, and their administration through files that easily demonstrate open vs closed purchase requests.
- Maintain database of good and reliable suppliers for different categories of supplies, goods and works.
- In coordination with the Supply Chain Manager and Head of Office set up MPAs and MSAs for Sudan mission.
- Keep Supervisor informed of all developments and issues through daily briefing, weekly procurements updates and bi-monthly reports.
- Provide ongoing training, advice to logistics and program staff in procurement policies, systems and procedures.
- Responsible for contracting vehicles for transportation of materials to the Program offices and sites.
- Submit monthly report on cost and status of all procurement during reporting period.
- Assist with any other duties as requested by the supervisor
- Prepare a monthly activity report for submission to the Supply Chain Manager and Head of Office. Produce a monthly Vehicle operation report, Asset List and stock report including transit stock. And also, PR and commitment tracking report
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
- Degree in Procurement, Business Administration/Financial Accounting or Logistics related Program
- Fluent English (written and spoken) and Arabic.
- Prior experience of working as Supply chain Officer position in a multi-cultural environment
- Good communication and staff management skills
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office Word and Excel spreadsheets; Outlook)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Remains productive when under pressure.
- Demonstrates a systematic and efficient approach to work.
- At least two years’ experience in a similar position preferably with NGO.
Standard of Professional Conduct
IRC and IRC employees are required to abide by the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct which are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons, and several others.
Gender Equality & Equal Opportunity
We are committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer generous benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances. We welcome and strongly encourage qualified female professionals to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of IRC acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organization without authority, except in the normal execution of duty.
WARNING: Do not to pay any money to get a job. Please report fraudulent jobs to firstname.lastname@example.org