|Date Posted||December 19, 2019|
All interested individuals will receive consideration and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance diversity and inclusion of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
SOS International LLC (SOSi) is seeking a Water Technician for a proposal located in Juba, South Sudan.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
• Operate and maintain water filtration and distribution system; and waste water treatment system for a compound with over 100 facilities
• Manage water standards and water system at swimming pool
• Collect samples from various locations in a valid manner consistent with good laboratory practice
• Analyze potable water / non-potable water to ensure appropriate physical, chemical, biological and bacteriological content
• Maintain records of tests conducted and their results within quality control and quality assurance parameters
• Notify supervisors of violations or problems indicated from data; and prepare reports for management as necessary, as directed, and on a regular basis
• Clean and maintain equipment, fixtures, and samplers
• Replace filters
• Perform routine maintenance on equipment
• Assist maintenance personnel performing preventive and corrective maintenance on water system
• Perform other duties as assigned
• One (1) year at a civilian/industrial water purification plant or military water purification operations with the direct responsibility of water quality analysis and water quality instrument calibration
• Must possess knowledge and understanding of water treatment techniques and support equipment utilized in the water treatment process
• Must possess basic computer skills and communicate effectively as interfacing with other support departments will be required
• Living and working conditions are in established facilities in an urban environment
• May include long hours, exposure to weather and potentially hazardous conditions
• Personnel should be aware of potential requirement to move on short notice and under adverse conditions
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.